Bears and NFL Talk Thread LIII: Countdown to the Preseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
False

The Chiefs playoff game happened and changed everything ,, Nagy with some of the worst play calling we have seen in recent football memory
Did you want Shurmur with his terrible play calling against the Eagles. He should have lost to the Saints too.

How about McDaniels? Would he be better?

Did you like Matt Patricia's defense when it actually played an actual offense?

Were you a fan of Mike Vrabel and Houston's defense?

Did you like Frank Reich's play calling? That's right. Doug Pedersen makes all the calls.

John DeFilippo didn't even get a head coaching offer.

Did you like Steve Wilkes and his defense against the Saints in the playoffs?

Who did you want as the Bears head coach after you had a "sudden" change of heart due to 1 half of football?

Reactions: Illinihockey

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
Did you want Shurmur with his terrible play calling against the Eagles. He should have lost to the Saints too.

How about McDaniels? Would he be better?

Did you like Matt Patricia's defense when it actually played an actual offense?

Were you a fan of Mike Vrabel and Houston's defense?

Did you like Frank Reich's play calling? That's right. Doug Pedersen makes all the calls.

John DeFilippo didn't even get a head coaching offer.

Did you like Steve Wilkes and his defense against the Saints in the playoffs?

Who did you want as the Bears head coach after you had a "sudden" change of heart due to 1 half of football?
He will never answer these questions. He's seen what happens when he does now. He can't create a track record of his negativity being proved incorrect.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
I think Tremaine Edwards is the guy to keep your eye on for Pace. We'll see how he does at the combine.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
LMAO, a guard in the top 3? I wouldn't be upset if they took Nelson, but we heard the same thing about Johnathan Cooper who ended up going 7th (and to a similar extent Chance Warmack who went 10th) in the 2013 draft. Cooper is on his 4th team, Warmack his 2nd.
That really dont mean anything about Nelson, tho.

If Nelson falls to 8, which i dont think he will, he will make six teams look stupid with the exception being whomever drafts Barkley.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
Let me get this straight

People are supportive of Pace creating hole at G ,, Then wasting our 1st round pick and ignoring other needs to fill it?

If that is plan its just another example of how Pace should be fired ASAP
Do you seriously read yourself?

In what world is Nelson a waste? Who do you take over what is considered a generational player if he falls to 8?

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Quenton Nelson, you now have a job.....

I prefer signing Norwell from Carolina.

Talk to the Bills about BOTH of their first round picks. Bears not moving that far down, unless both picks are in play.
If you pull that trade off, then take one the picks and trade it for additional picks (some team will want to move back into the first rd), ideally with one of those picks being a 1st or 2nd rd in next yr's draft. Then take BPA through the draft.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
I prefer signing Norwell from Carolina.

Talk to the Bills about BOTH of their first round picks. Bears not moving that far down, unless both picks are in play.
If you pull that trade off, then take one the picks and trade it for additional picks (some team will want to move back into the first rd), ideally with one of those picks being a 1st or 2nd rd in next yr's draft. Then take BPA through the draft.
Um......sure?

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Who would you have hired for the coaching job if not Nagy? Assuming Gruden is off the table.
Gruden? This entire board was laughing at paying Gruden $100mn. IF BWC says Gruden for $100mn+ as HC for the Bears, I will call him out. No one thought that was smart by the Raiders.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Um......sure?

I do not understand you confusion. What part of sign arguably best OG in the game. Take draft pick trade it for more picks, draft BPA is hard to understand?

I'm not saying it's as easy as that, I'm saying that's a scenario I would like to see the Bears get involved with. Better than taking an OG in top 10, considering the Bears history of OL in the draft, excluding Kyle Long.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Gruden? This entire board was laughing at paying Gruden $100mn. IF BWC says Gruden for $100mn+ as HC for the Bears, I will call him out. No one thought that was smart by the Raiders.

$20 days he dodges intiail question and responds to this one instead and defends Gruden.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
He's already defended the Gruden contract.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
I do not understand you confusion. What part of sign arguably best OG in the game. Take draft pick trade it for more picks, draft BPA is hard to understand?

I'm not saying it's as easy as that, I'm saying that's a scenario I would like to see the Bears get involved with. Better than taking an OG in top 10, considering the Bears history of OL in the draft, excluding Kyle Long.
Or;

Draft a generational guard in this draft, buy high on a vet WR Mitch can rely on instead of reaching for Ridley at 8, and fill in the gaps on defense thru FA and later picks.

A healthy Long and Nelson does wonders for Howard and makes Mitchell that much more secure. I want the guy who is impact day one instead of basking in some sort of potential superstar.

If Nelson falls to 8, thats bpa. You do not trade down when that type of talent is there for the taking outside of a complete overpay. The running mocks have what...four QBs going ahead of him atm? You take advantage of that.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
Or;

Draft a generational guard in this draft, buy high on a vet WR Mitch can rely on instead of reaching for Ridley at 8, and fill in the gaps on defense thru FA and later picks.

A healthy Long and Nelson does wonders for Howard and makes Mitchell that much more secure. I want the guy who is impact day one instead of basking in some sort of potential superstar.

If Nelson falls to 8, thats bpa. You do not trade down when that type of talent is there for the taking outside of a complete overpay. The running mocks have what...four QBs going ahead of him atm? You take advantage of that.
Which WR would you target? That's not really a great #1 out there anymore.

The reason I like using the #8 on a pass rusher is there's pretty good options for FA at every other position... CB is pretty full, there's good guards out there, some decent mid-level WRs. The best pass rusher is what, Ziggy Ansah?

Not great.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
Which WR would you target? That's not really a great #1 out there anymore.

The reason I like using the #8 on a pass rusher is there's pretty good options for FA at every other position... CB is pretty full, there's good guards out there, some decent mid-level WRs. The best pass rusher is what, Ziggy Ansah?

Not great.
Id take watkins over Calvin Ridley if he isnt franchised which, i dont think he will be.

Brown wouldnt be bad either. Your right, there is no true 1WR out there, but i dont think Ridley will be one, either.

Ansah would be great, id test the waters on Trent Murphy, too. This is a pretty stocked FA this year.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
He defended a $100mn contract of a coach who's been out of the league for a decade with a career record of 95-81? How much is Belichick worth? $1bn?
He believes Gruden is a top 3 coach, he actually said Belichick, Gruden and Cowher are the only caoches he'd give that contract to.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
He believes Gruden is a top 3 coach, he actually said Belichick, Gruden and Cowher are the only caoches he'd give that contract to.
So 2/3s of BWCs top NFL coaches have been out of the NFL for more than a decade! Where does Jimmy Johnson rank on his current coaching rank? Joe Gibbs and Bill Parcells are still healthy and coached about a decade ago. The last time this scheme worked was with Dick Vermeil. It only worked because a grocery clerk turned QB became a HOFer.

This is the equivalent of bringing Scotty Bowman back to coach the Hawks. Or how about signing Phil Jackson for the Bulls next year? Maybe the Cubs should hire Joe Torre next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark