Post-Game Talk: Bear (Preseason edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

apoptygma

2-5-9-11
Apr 9, 2011
Mancini was a pleasant surprise on the PP. His shot was more like Foxs then Troubas, not a heavy clapper, but fast sneaky wristers trough traffic. Kept the passing simple, but they hit their target, and the treath of his shot opened room for Chytil on the side. Do not have any fance stats from the game, but looked to me that he almost always chosed correctly when having the puck on his stick in the d-zone.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I still believe we need Othmann on this team, physical, scorers touch, agitating. If we really want some offense out of our 3rd line we need someone with more of a scorers touch than Cuylle on it, and I love Cuylle but having him on the 4th line would be a nice luxury to have. Put him in the lineup and give him the year to adjust for playoffs.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I still believe we need Othmann on this team, physical, scorers touch, agitating. If we really want some offense out of our 3rd line we need someone with more of a scorers touch than Cuylle on it, and I love Cuylle but having him on the 4th line would be a nice luxury to have. Put him in the lineup and give him the year to adjust for playoffs.

Kakko is the guy to bump off the 3rd line if were hellbent on getting Othmann in. I still think Othmann is nowhere near ready. Just because he hit a guy who wasnt ready for it a couple times in the first pre-season game doesnt mean we need him in the lineup on day 1.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Kakko is the guy to bump off the 3rd line if were hellbent on getting Othmann in. I still think Othmann is nowhere near ready. Just because he hit a guy who wasnt ready for it a couple times in the first pre-season game doesnt mean we need him in the lineup on day 1.
People were creaming their jeans over him because of his hits yesterday but I agree. He doesn’t look nearly as ready as some what lead you to believe.

I truly think the expectations for him have gone off the rails. People comparing him to JT Miller and thinking he can play on the top line.

he’s not that guy

Reactions: UnSandvich

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
The thing that had me excited about Chytil wasn't the offensive plays he made (though his goal was an absolute snipe of a shot). It was his conditioning. Felt like he was on the ice for the entire last five minutes and he was just GOING. Didn't look tired at all

Very different (and understandably so) from his conditioning in the playoffs

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
People were creaming their jeans over him because of his hits yesterday but I agree. He doesn’t look nearly as ready as some what lead you to believe.

I truly think the expectations for him have gone off the rails. People comparing him to JT Miller and thinking he can play on the top line.

he’s not that guy
I think JT Miller is actually a good comparison, if you’re going off what we thought his potential was as a Ranger. 50/60 point second line guy with a good shot who plays with an edge. And sometimes forgets to play defense. I don’t think people expect Othmann to turn into a top 10 player in the league. But no one expected JT to either

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I suspect that both Mancini and Othmann are going to get at least a couple more games. I expect we're going to be seeing Edstrom, Rempe and Berard getting a couple/three games too.

On the D it's hard to say. We have Bowey and Harpur still + I think Mackey, Scanlin, Fitzgerald played well enough to maybe get another game whether it happens or not. Also Robertson hardly played. The vets are all going to need a couple/three as well and Jones I think will get 3.

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
Othmann is old time hockey...his body is beer,pizza and doughnuts..once he figures that out he could be a top 6 player. Poor KK his body language says it all..it looks like its not going to work here. Why not institue a meritocracy out of camp..If Oth > KK start him..if Mancini>Defenseman 5 & 6 start him. If Rempe/Edstrome> Vesey start them. Use the rest of 2024 to find out if our youth are players. Then rebalance in 2025 after some real time NHL hockey.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I know its preseason against a 10 percent of a Bruins team but we really missed those kind of zone entries from Chytil.

Reactions: Jim Ramsay

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
people are really doing the thing where they're ready to conclude kakko is going to be horrible this season and needs to be replaced now? in the first preseason game of the season??
Yes, we are doing the opposite of last season and hope ripping him apart through his preseason will result in a better season.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
That's not the reason at all, has a scoring touch and isn't a shrinking violet like a lot of our scoring forwards. One of the main reason we lose each year is the guys that score all year come up against a tough opponent and wilt, he will not. He spent a year in the AHL, he should make the next step, he's physically ready, everything else will fall in place as he goes.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
If Othmann is going to make the NHL this season (doesn't look like it), he will have to be better in his own zone and stop taking dumb penalties.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I think JT Miller is actually a good comparison, if you’re going off what we thought his potential was as a Ranger. 50/60 point second line guy with a good shot who plays with an edge. And sometimes forgets to play defense. I don’t think people expect Othmann to turn into a top 10 player in the league. But no one expected JT to either
Exactly, I compare the two only stylistically, in no way am I saying he'll turn out like Miller, but again, Miller wasn't supposed to turn into Miller either.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
Mancini looked promising. Hopefully gets another game or two against NHLers

Chytil looked good as he should have. But every time he gets hit i get worried he will not get up.

Entertaining game, but ultimately meaningless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad