Post-Game Talk: Bear (Preseason edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Who cares if Kakko was useless? He is who we thought he was going ending last year anyway.

Chytil looks great again. Keep your damn head up kid.

Othmann could play just like Cuylle but with a better shot/slapper. In fact, I'm positive the 3rd line would be better if he just replaced Kakko outright. Put Kakko on the 4th line with Edstrom and Rempe because they aren't gonna generate any sustained offense anyway, then just give him and Edstrom the PK minutes from Kreider and Zib.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
I think you guys are a little hard on Kakko. He had some good to great moments. Did this game give me hope that he’ll be a star? No. The competition was poor. But I do think he’ll be better this year. It is what it is. He’s a middle 6 forward with top 6 upside.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I missed the game because I can't justify watching a preseason game over a regular season football game. What does Mancini do that gets everyone excited (other than the points)?

Reactions: Rempe73

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
The KK hate needs to stop if it is not gonna be objective
On top of that, some foolishly want to ditch him for a 3rd
when I've said REPEATEDLY
need to have him here when bread goes before his deal is up

KK was not spectacular
BUT he WAS sufficiently SOLID

Look carefully
On Rs goal scored, he was near front of the net, forcing Bs to address his presence

I have roster building comments in the other thread

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I missed the game because I can't justify watching a preseason game over a regular season football game. What does Mancini do that gets everyone excited (other than the points)?
solid skater, sufficiently fast
moved the puck
hit hard
= legit 3RD for us NOW

we should put Trouba at 4RW [until we can move him] w/Eds at LW and Rempe at C

once we can-> do move JT, then Othmann to 4LW [until bread is gone] w/Eds at C and Rempe at 4RW

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Chytil looked really good.

I’m excited about that 3rd line, let them play another 3 pre-season games to get Cuylle more comfortable there.

Victor is going to he an NHL player for sure in a year or so.

The KK hate needs to stop if it is not gonna be objective
On top of that, some foolishly want to ditch him for a 3rd
when I've said REPEATEDLY
need to have him here when bread goes before his deal is up

KK was not spectacular
BUT he WAS sufficiently SOLID

Look carefully
On Rs goal scored, he was near front of the net, forcing Bs to address his presence

I have roster building comments in the other thread
I agree. It’s ridiculous and exhausting to read at this point. Kakko was fine, he certainly wasn’t hurting that line. And for crying out loud it was one preseason game…

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
I liked Chemlar, reminded me of Engvall on NYI. Clearly not NHL ready, but I can see it with him. Sykora continues not to impress me, but he might just be a guy who needs 4-5 years to cook, he was a young draftee IIRC. Mancini was impressive with the puck but he's got some strength to put on I think. Othmann looks quicker and stronger, that's what you want.

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
Up front, Chytil was awesome. Kakko and Cuylle looked similar to last year. Othmann doesn’t seem ready.

Mancini was solid. He could be Trouba’s replacement next year.

Goalies looked good too. Take the two points and run.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Don’t mind if I do. He just screams NHL player. Poise, confidence, head always up, good decision-making, big body, good shot, underrated hands, good skating ability, good defense. This was only my first time watching him but he seems to do everything very well. Maybe his passing doesn’t blow me away? But it’s good enough to be a PPQB.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Don’t mind if I do. He just screams NHL player. Poise, confidence, head always up, good decision-making, big body, good shot, underrated hands, good skating ability, good defense. This was only my first time watching him but he seems to do everything very well. Maybe his passing doesn’t blow me away? But it’s good enough to be a PPQB.

I saw he was an overager in 2022, interesting.

Reactions: Rempe73

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
He’s not going to be PPQB. That’s not his game. He barley had any points in the NCAA. I guess things can always change but he will be a good defensive dman who we can rely on to move the puck up the ice (Unlike Lindgren). He’ll get PP time in HFD though so we can see if he can develop more offense to his game, though to be fair he looked good with the puck in the offensive zone tonight with a small sample size.

Reactions: LeetchisGod

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad