GDT: Battles of Alberta: Let's play 2! Both games @ 7pm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
He might look over at Cooley getting laughs in the scrum, or people reposting on IG, and think that management actually thinks Cooley is better, even if Wolf is starting the majority. He might ask for a trade.

Maybe if everything else is equal as hell and management has done a poor job saying he's the future even when he asks... but the scenario you're outlining is bizarre. That's next level petty in office politics. Even though he's young, I don't think that Wolf is that childish. The sole time I can think of that IG reposts caused such a rift was the Hoffman Karlsson debacle and that shit was low blow bullshit. Not some harmless banter.

IIRC, it's already been communicated to Wolf that he's going to be one who has to take the reins and prove he deserves as many starts as possible in the NHL. One of Vladar or Cooley will be the vet for the Wranglers unless Wolf really has an awful outing. If that happens and he's down there moping about Cooley, we have bigger problems. If he's got a bunch of .700-.800 starts, I don't think he'd complain he has stuff to work on when down with the Wranglers. If he's got the best stats and he still gets sent down, he'd be mad at his performance not being recognized by management. Not that Cooley has cool quotes.

I get your point about it being important for having good communication between management and Wolf... but Devin Cooley being a personable guy is a good thing, not a bad one.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Luongo and Kipper sure hated when Noodles was popular because he was a good guy. f***ing nice backups... demote them all!

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Luongo and Kipper had already established themselves as star #1s, so it didn't matter that McLennan was popular. If you let Cooley steal the media likeability before Wolf has had a season as bonifide starter, before he's had a chance to be liked by the media the most, he may sour on the organization.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Luongo and Kipper had already established themselves as star #1s, so it didn't matter that McLennan was popular. If you let Cooley steal the media likeability before Wolf has had a season as bonifide starter, before he's had a chance to be liked by the media the most, he may sour on the organization.
Wrong. McLennan was already here when we acquired Kipper and Noodles had been carrying the load with a fractured sternum until then.

Contrary to what you've fabricated in your mind, guys like it when they have teammates that are good in the room, especially backup goaltenders, that's a big part of their job. Quite often they're one of the most popular guys on the team. I also believe Cooley and Wolf have done some trining together as the California goalies have been said to stick together.

It's f***ing baffling to me how so many posters can completely invent reasons why Wolf will be mad and want out.

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Wrong. McLennan was already here when we acquired Kipper and Noodles had been carrying the load with a fractured sternum until then.

Contrary to what you've fabricated in your mind, guys like it when they have teammates that are good in the room, especially backup goaltenders, that's a big part of their job. Quite often they're one of the most popular guys on the team. I also believe Cooley and Wolf have done some trining together as the California goalies have been said to stick together.

It's f***ing baffling to me how so many posters can completely invent reasons why Wolf will be mad and want out.
Yea I’m pretty sure this went over a couple of people’s heads, he’s being blatantly facetious to make fun of the exact same thing your last point is referencing.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Yea I’m pretty sure this went over a couple of people’s heads, he’s being blatantly facetious to make fun of the exact same thing your last point is referencing.
I thought that at first... but they keep digging in deeper and deeper. Even with posters that don't make up scenarios. And with their hisotry, they don't get the benefit of the doubt... just like I don't expect the benefit of the doubt of people think I'm being an asshole.

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
I thought that at first... but they keep digging in deeper and deeper. Even with posters that don't make up scenarios. And with their hisotry, they don't get the benefit of the doubt... just like I don't expect the benefit of the doubt of people think I'm being an asshole.
He was most definitely just doubling down on the joke as people took the bait, which yea I don’t necessarily agree with but it’s definitely not something meant to take seriously.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad