Low Effort GDT Battle of Ontario: Toronto (away) vs. Ottawa (home), 7 p.m. EDT, (TSN 5, TSN 4)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Good in Osgoode

Jan 15, 2018
Osgoode
Ok, as others said Hamonix is not winning a Norris but he’ll he can actually skate and pivot. And he has a bit of an edge tonight. Completely serviceable this year.

So far I would say JBD has the inside line on the Top 6. He looked composed and steady.

Brady and Claude were excellent and showed little rust. Brady needs conditioning. Tim for better every period, but still quite a bit of rust to work off.

Ostapchuck got better as he played more, as did most of them.

Jensen looked stiff and rusty, but loosened up nicely as the game went on and thank goodness for that. Jake Sanderson was amazing.

The PowerPlay was moving around pretty good and they had some good scoring chances. Tyler Boucher is a guy that just needs to play because he’s got the size and the edge to play in the NHL.

Unbelievable, dirty play by Holberg. Just no need for that in the preseason and I’m glad somebody did something even though it wasn’t enough but hell last year nobody would’ve done anything so there’s progress.

Best part of the night? They finally put two cops on the exit of the arena on the main stretch stopping all the walkers who are illegally parked in the auto mall. Looks like we are actually going to be able to get out of the arena this year! Thank God, somebody put their brain to it
Best part of the night? They finally put two cops on the exit of the arena on the main stretch stopping all the walkers who are illegally parked in the auto mall. Looks like we are actually going to be able to get out of the arena this year! Thank God, somebody put their brain to it.

Can you clarify as to where these two cops were positioned and does this mean they are putting a ban on people parking in the auto mall?
Asking for a friend.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
The Leaves aren’t soft, they are just soft in key moments, their blue line isn’t champion quality, they don’t have enough puck movement from the back blue line and their goalie is their goalie

Decent team but the mix is bad.

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
The Leaves aren’t soft, they are just soft in key moments, their blue line isn’t champion quality, they don’t have enough puck movement from the back blue line and their goalie is their goalie

Decent team but the mix is bad.
I thought Stolarz was rock solid last night. Hidelby was pretty damn good as well. With Woll, their goaltending might be a strength for them this season.

I thought Boucher was decent. He was putrid in the rookie games and I had written him off but I saw some value last night.

Like everyone is saying, Jensen's mobility was good and Hammer looked adequate. I think JBD surprises everyone and has a good season .. 20-25 points.

Stutzle couldn't buy one last night. He looked so frustrated.. he tries so hard but no results.

Reactions: Tuna99

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I thought Stolarz was rock solid last night. Hidelby was pretty damn good as well. With Woll, their goaltending might be a strength for them this season.

I thought Boucher was decent. He was putrid in the rookie games and I had written him off but I saw some value last night.

Like everyone is saying, Jensen's mobility was good and Hammer looked adequate. I think JBD surprises everyone and has a good season .. 20-25 points.

Stutzle couldn't buy one last night. He looked so frustrated.. he tries so hard but no results.

Saw a couple of 2023 style rushes from Stutzle, it’s the time to try it but I think playing for possession and being a cycle game will be a massive transition for Stu just because he’s so focused on scoring off the rush.

Reactions: BoardsofCanada

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

assuming Matt Murray isn't one of their two netminders, I'm not sure how having two guys that have never started 30 games in a season is a strength. They are both going to need to play more than they ever have and it's not exactly science to figure out how that might go. It's a pure guessing game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad