Low Effort GDT Battle of Ontario: Toronto (away) vs. Ottawa (home), 7 p.m. EDT, (TSN 5, TSN 4)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Not much feel for the puck but everyone put in a shift, even the top guys in an early preseason game. Stutzle was strong defending especially when tracking back.

Reactions: Silky Johnson

Puikiou

Oct 15, 2013
FORWARDS

1. Tkachuk: 40 goals season incoming. Best he has skated in his career.

2. Greig: He was dancing before his injury and looked outstanding in the intra squad game too. He’s much more confident this season, which should allow his high end skills to shine. A 50+ points breakout season wouldn’t be surprising if he stays healthy.

3. Perron: Fantastic addition with very little to dislike so far.

4. Reinhart: Continues to impress. There’s an NHL player there, the question becomes “now or later?”.

5. Giroux: Gave it his half and still stood out.

6. Ostapchuk: Nice pick and finish on the PK. Engaged and physical, got better as the game progressed, but he’s still not sure he’s NHL-ready. He would benefit from dominating in Belleville.

7. Stützle: Not as clumsy or sluggish as he was in the intra squad game, but still not there, as far as an A or even B game.

8. Cousins: Every bit of his playing style is agitating.

9. Boucher: Skates well and hits like a truck. The rest is tbd.

10. Highmore: Still a fringe depth player that stands out for his speed and hustle.

11. Pilon: Competed and made a few nice plays. Still not an NHLer.

12. Hodgson: Who now?

DEFENSE

1. Sanderson: There won’t be many games in which #85 isn’t the best player on the ice this season.

2. Jensen: Unspectacular. It’ll do.

3. Hamonic: Something, something, lipstick on a pig.

4. Roos: There’s very little there.

5: JBD: Yeah, give us Addison. It’ll be Belleville or another organization via waivers for this guy. Either way, his days in Ottawa are numbered.

6. Davies: Ay curumba!

GOALIE

Forsberg: Steady and composed. The team will need him this season.

Reactions: DrEasy and gab6511

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Sanderson looks primed for a big season, loved the Big-O’s short hander. Jenik vs. Ostapchuk is an interesting battle for the 4th line.

JBD had a strong 3rd period.

Hope The Riddler is fine, his line was fire before he went down.

Forsberg was solid.

f*** the Maple Shits.

Go Sens Go!!

Reactions: DrEasy

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
it feels like boucher is getting no ice time, havent noticed him one bit.
Thought he skated well and had some great hits on the forcheck. I can see him in a heavy grinder bottom 6 role as long as he can stay healthy and continue to develop. He's basically lost 2 years of development. I am not defending the pick, but you can see the type of skillset that is translatable to the NHL as a role player.

I like what Methot is saying about Jensen. Been focusing on him and he's taken some big hits and keeps his game simple. He's very Zub like.
Thought he had a really tough night, puck wasnt his friend. I cant imagine it goes any worse than that for him.

Brannstrom would look really good on this year's Senators roster.
Where exactly on the third pair RD?.... At 2 million a replacement level D man is a bad investment.

Reactions: Silky Johnson

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
I am the #1 Hamonic hater here but that was his best game in a sens uniform.

He skated a lot better, didn’t fall on his ass a lot, made simple plays getting the puck across the boards instead of his usual icings, actually won puck battles, and legit made breakout passes that were on someone’s stick!!

Puikiou

Oct 15, 2013
Based on 3 games so far (intra + pre-season x2):

Norris/Greig - Stutzle - Giroux
Tkachuk - Pinto - Batherson
Crookshank - Norris/Greig - Perron
Cousins - Jenik - Amadio
Gregor/Kulemin or Reinhart

Sanderson - Zub
Chabot - Yakemchuk
Kleven - Jensen
Addison/Hamonic

Ullmark
Forsberg​

Reactions: ChurchOfAlfie

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
People are pretty harsh on our blueliners on this forum, I thought Hamonic played really well and I thought JBD was pretty solid all game. They gave up 1 goal (which Forsberg should've had) and then shut them down for the rest of the game, didn't really make Forsberg make a tough save.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad