Olympics: Basketball: Men's tournament

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Embarrassing performance.

We’ve lost a lot of tight games at this Olympics in various sports but this was the most heartless effort I’ve seen at this event.

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
The reffing was very… pro-France in this game. Will be fun to see them get demolished by USA

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Why are Canadian basketball teams so bad? On paper they look like they can compete especially on the men's side and yet when they get to the Olympics they usually do so poorly. :( These guys really don't look like they're playing like a cohesive unit and their parts are better than the whole.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
The reffing was very… pro-France in this game. Will be fun to see them get demolished by USA

Meh, the refs had nothing to do with the terrible shooting for 3/4 of the game.

Why are Canadian basketball teams so bad? On paper they look like they can compete especially on the men's side and yet when they get to the Olympics they usually do so poorly. :( These guys really don't look like they're playing like a cohesive unit and their parts are better than the whole.

They looked good in the group stage if you had watched those games, having played in the toughest group.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Other than Murray and Brooks I don't think Canada played all that poorly. Almost every call and bounce went France's way and they still could have easily lost this game.

Reactions: Tuggy

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Other than Murray and Brooks I don't think Canada played all that poorly. Almost every call and bounce went France's way and they still could have easily lost this game.

France kept letting Canada back into the game.

I think the coach has to sit Wemby down and tell him to stop shooting 3s.

France got the calls because they drove the net with maximum effort.

We were prancing around and giving the ball away.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
SGA and Dort seemingly the only players who gave a damn today.

Jamal Murray stinks now. Gotta wonder if he's starting the downswing of his career after the lengthy injury then coming back and winning a title.

R.J. Barrett played hard too, I guess.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
SGA and Dort seemingly the only players who gave a damn today.

Jamal Murray stinks now. Gotta wonder if he's starting the downswing of his career after the lengthy injury then coming back and winning a title.

R.J. Barrett played hard too, I guess.

Barrett was not the same guy he was in the group stage.

Oh well, good luck to France against Germany.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad