Olympics: Basketball: Men's tournament

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Barrett is always on the cusp of making me hate his game. But he never crosses that line.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Looking at the draw, the best realistic result for Canada would be a narrow France win. The teams get re-seeded, and barring a huge upset USA will be the top seed. The second seed gets to play one of the third place teams from the group stage though, which is a plus. If Germany wins then Germany will be the number two seed (same record better point differential than Canada) and if France wins by more than four then France will be number two. A France win by less than four makes Canada the second seed.

Stylizer1

Teflon Don
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
It just goes to show how useful the FIBA rankings are.
They just don't have the talent. I feel like in all of the Canada games we could have blown them open but chose to keep them closer than not. I don't think Canada was worried about any of those games especially against Spain. That's why the Bench were played so many minutes so they could get there reps in. Canada barely trailed in these games. It was also noticeable when the starters were in. When they turned it up they would get a lead and not look back.

Reactions: NyQuil

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $731.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 3