Basketball at the 2024 Summer Olympics

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Nothing says USA like Joe Embiid.

Every Canadian player was born in Canada.

The race comment is stupid seeing as every single player on team USA is black.

You are so lazy you can't even take the time to research anything for even a bad argument.

Edit:
This year's team Canada were all born in Canada. I the think picture you referenced for 1994 did have a few players who immigrated to Canada. Rick Fox was not one of them. I don't understand what you are trying to prove.
Who the f*** is Joe Embiid?

If anyone’s being lazy, it’s you. You refuse to see the facts. And what the hell does the US being a black team have to do with this? I mean, that’s my whole f***ing point, right? Black Canadians making Canada relevant in basketball. That’s why I brought up the roster’s racial makeup difference between the 1994 team and this year’s Olympic team. Like I said, the black population in Canada has more than doubled in the last 25 years. Is it a coincidence that Canadian basketball is relevant and Canada is the second biggest producer of NBA players today? I think not. And surprise, surprise, most of these Canadian players are black. I don’t even know why you’re so triggered by this. It’s just a simple fact that black Canadians are making Canada visible in the basketball world.

Stylizer1

Teflon Don
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Why don't you just say Black basketball players are the best in the world then? Your argument was structured as a nationality debate which you morphed into a racial one ever so clumsily.

"Being the descendants of black people makes you good at basketball."

Stay classy Armenia.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Canada looked really good yesterday. They don't have the talent or big men to compete with the US team (no one does) but that's a damn good Canadian team.

One thing the exhibition games has really reinforced is how ugly Embiid's game is and how much better the NBA could be. We obviously knew this already but I guess maybe I was just used to it because that's just how it is in the NBA. We know players are going to flail, get their calls, go to the line, and we move on. Seeing him repeatedly try to foul bait and the refs just look at him shows how much better we could have it. Embiid is far from the only one but he might as well be the poster child for it and he's getting the most grief for it currently because we're seeing it play out live.

Getting the take fouls out was a good start (although the NBA can still improve there). Next should be looking the other way on obvious foul baiting, even if there's a little bit of contact. I wouldn't even mind the goaltending rules being looked into as well.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Canada looked really good yesterday. They don't have the talent or big men to compete with the US team (no one does) but that's a damn good Canadian team.

One thing the exhibition games has really reinforced is how ugly Embiid's game is and how much better the NBA could be. We obviously knew this already but I guess maybe I was just used to it because that's just how it is in the NBA. We know players are going to flail, get their calls, go to the line, and we move on. Seeing him repeatedly try to foul bait and the refs just look at him shows how much better we could have it. Embiid is far from the only one but he might as well be the poster child for it and he's getting the most grief for it currently because we're seeing it play out live.

Getting the take fouls out was a good start (although the NBA can still improve there). Next should be looking the other way on obvious foul baiting, even if there's a little bit of contact. I wouldn't even mind the goaltending rules being looked into as well.
Embiid is like 20 pounds overweight right now as well, supposedly.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
The talent gap between the US and any other team is massive; it's already a 6 pt game lol

The US could just have curry go hero ball and jack up all the 3's he wants and win by 30 :rolleyes:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Embiid is like 20 pounds overweight right now as well, supposedly.

If true then I'm surprised they didn't send him home like Kawhi. Maybe they're just that worried about Joker and don't trust AD or Bam in that potential match up.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
now the US wants to erupt with 3-pt shooting. 14-0 run lol.

Before that Curry had 9 pts.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If true then I'm surprised they didn't send him home like Kawhi. Maybe they're just that worried about Joker and don't trust AD or Bam in that potential match up.
They did the work to get him there so I guess they don’t want to do that.

Reactions: Avs_19

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Fun game. Awesome for South Sudan despite the last second loss.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad