Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
USA sending a super team

Screenshot_10.png

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Still makes no sense to me that Holiday was picked ahead of Brunson, Fox, Lillard and even Maxey.

(Kyrie would've been a better pick too but obviously its not worth the PR mess for them)

Reactions: Eye of Ra

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Surprised they don't have more players on the younger end of the scale. Going heavy on the vets. 5 guys 33 and older.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Surprised they don't have more players on the younger end of the scale. Going heavy on the vets. 5 guys 33 and older.
It didn't win them the World Cup, so everyone came out of the woodwork.

Higher number than people they're bringing back from 2020, of which Jrue was one of them. Probably why he's here. Not that he has to be, but these teams like to reward people who have been there for them.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

It's the last chance to win Gold for guys like Curry and Kawhi who've never won, and LeBron wasn't going to sit out if all the other veterans were going.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Sucks for Kawhi, this was his last chance at the Olympics. Ballmer should've let him play.

Going to retire as the 2nd best American player to never win Gold after Duncan.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
How does Fox have the rights to exhibition games?

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
TIL that Dwight Powell is Canadian. Every now and then, I find out that a random NBA player is Canadian. It was just a couple of years ago that I learned that Jamal Murray was Canadian. This may sound “rAcIsT” but facts are facts. The black Canadian population has more than doubled in the past 20 years, resulting to Canada being relevant in the basketball world.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
i remember when steve nash, rick fox, and jamaal magloire were the only NBA players from canada
And Nash is a first generation Canadian who has British parents. I don’t even know if Rick Fox even considers himself Canadian. He grew up in the Bahamas and never played for team Canada. So yeah, Canada was virtually irrelevant in basketball.

Stylizer1

Teflon Don
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
TIL that Dwight Powell is Canadian. Every now and then, I find out that a random NBA player is Canadian. It was just a couple of years ago that I learned that Jamal Murray was Canadian. This may sound “rAcIsT” but facts are facts. The black Canadian population has more than doubled in the past 20 years, resulting to Canada being relevant in the basketball world.
What a stupid comment.

And Nash is a first generation Canadian who has British parents. I don’t even know if Rick Fox even considers himself Canadian. He grew up in the Bahamas and never played for team Canada. So yeah, Canada was virtually irrelevant in basketball.
1721059174665.png
1721059385309.png

1721064395190.png

Last edited:

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Okay, I stand corrected. I was wrong about him not playing for Canada.

But what was so stupid about the other comment? Are you denying that race has no effect on the basketball team? Look at the racial makeup of that roster compared to today’s. A couple of those black players were probably immigrants.

Stylizer1

Teflon Don
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Okay, I stand corrected. I was wrong about him not playing for Canada.

But what was so stupid about the other comment? Are you denying that race has no effect on the basketball team? Look at the racial makeup of that roster compared to today’s. A couple of those black players were probably immigrants.
Nothing says USA like Joe Embiid.

Every Canadian player was born in Canada.

The race comment is stupid seeing as every single player on team USA is black.

You are so lazy you can't even take the time to research anything for even a bad argument.

Edit:
This year's team Canada were all born in Canada. I the think picture you referenced for 1994 did have a few players who immigrated to Canada. Rick Fox was not one of them. I don't understand what you are trying to prove.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad