Barracuda News & Discussion VII

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Vanroboys hobbling off holding his groin. Seems like he might be ok on the bench though

Iowa cuts it to 7-3.

Edit: He’s fine, back out there

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Sabourin gets first star, comes out after changing out of his gear and waves to the crowd. Never seen that.

7-3 final, Cuda. Final score flatters us a bit, but that second period was crazy. We did well.
The crazy thing about having talent is that it's possible to win games that you don't deserve to win and have blowout scores in games that were close.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose

Furlong never came back after taking that puck in the face, there was some ice cleanup involved.

Speaking of stat lines that flatter us, we were 1 for 3 on the power play, but the power play today was just awful. Could barely get set up today. Not that we needed to, but still. Discipline on our end was pretty good, with the exception of that last part from Sabourin.

Something that went way under the radar was that Hunter Haight scored a hat trick for the Wild in this one, he had all three of their goals. Romanov did pretty well, despite allowing three. 36 saves on the night for him.

Really hoping Cardwell gets going. He's hustling. Had an assist today for his first point of the season.

Four games in, and we have two guys with five points on the season (2 goals, 3 assists). Filip Bystedt, and... Donavan Houle.

EDIT: I'd meant to put this in, so adding it well after I posted. We scored seven goals tonight, but nobody on the team scored more than two points. Scoring was a group effort. Multi-point games today: Cagnoni, Sabourin (1G 1A each), and Houle (2A). Of the 18 skaters dressed, only three had zero points in this game. Pulli, Schuldt, and Halttunen. Surprisingly, Halttunen didn't even get a shot on goal.

Last edited:

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose

Furlong never came back after taking that puck in the face, there was some ice cleanup involved.

Speaking of stat lines that flatter us, we were 1 for 3 on the power play, but the power play today was just awful. Could barely get set up today. Not that we needed to, but still. Discipline on our end was pretty good, with the exception of that last part from Sabourin.

Something that went way under the radar was that Hunter Haight scored a hat trick for the Wild in this one, he had all three of their goals. Romanov did pretty well, despite allowing three. 36 saves on the night for him.

Really hoping Cardwell gets going. He's hustling. Had an assist today for his first point of the season.

Four games in, and we have two guys with five points on the season (2 goals, 3 assists). Filip Bystedt, and... Donavan Houle.

It was a great game to attend in person. I thought a lot of guys looked solid, but you can see which guys are going to play NHL games this season. Bystedt, Cardwell, Graf and Cagnoni, whether it's hustle (Cardwell), or their ability to slow things down, anticipate and make smart plays, they just stood out as more talented than the rest. As I said earlier in the thread, Cagnoni is really smart, and looks like he's a step ahead of everyone else on the ice. Brandon Coe is still an intriguing player, I just wish they could turn up his motor. When he skates hard and is in the middle of everything, he's quite effective.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
It was a great game to attend in person. I thought a lot of guys looked solid, but you can see which guys are going to play NHL games this season. Bystedt, Cardwell, Graf and Cagnoni, whether it's hustle (Cardwell), or their ability to slow things down, anticipate and make smart plays, they just stood out as more talented than the rest. As I said earlier in the thread, Cagnoni is really smart, and looks like he's a step ahead of everyone else on the ice. Brandon Coe is still an intriguing player, I just wish they could turn up his motor. When he skates hard and is in the middle of everything, he's quite effective.

Coe's a strange case to me this season, he seems like he has one or two shifts where he's a very effective player, and then I forget about him for the rest of the game. He's got some skill. Maybe he should ask the fourth line if he can borrow some of their workrate.

You know, one other stat that might surprise people that haven't been watching, since Cardwell hasn't popped up on the scoresheet: He's second on the team in SOG, behind Cagnoni. Had five shots in yesterday's game. He hasn't fallen off, but the puck is really not cooperating with him, it feels like. His body language looked like relief to me when Sabourin tipped his shot in for the PPG.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad