Barracuda News & Discussion VII

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Encouraging rookie season for Bradley Marek with Wichita and then during his time with the Barracuda. Haven't seen information about him signing yet - either with San Jose or elsewhere. Would give the organization some size up front.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose

Same format as last season, i.e. the Barracuda will need to finish 7th or better in the Pacific to reach the playoffs.

Most notable thing: We play the Marlies this season. That's a first. Looks like the only non-division teams we have are them and Iowa?

Last edited:

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Schedule is out:

We've got one long homestand around the time of the All-Star Game. Plenty of home games in November too. Final game is April 20th vs. Calgary, so these playoffs are going to start pretty late.

Looks like the annual Cuda classroom thing is on 3/19 vs. San Diego.

Edit: I don't normally comment much on scheduling, but my initial reaction, just in terms of logistics: Really favorable schedule. We don't have any long road trips. The two destinations we have to travel the longest distances to play (@Iowa on Nov 2/3 and @ Toronto on Nov 23/24) we just go there and then come right back. The lack of non-division opponents on the schedule means we don't have too much travel at all to speak of. Our longest road trip (five games in eight days mid-December) just has us bouncing around southern California.

Last edited:

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose

Not sure how this is going to work yet. I was only subscribed to AHL TV for Barracuda road games, I'm hoping you won't be required to pay for the whole league (and others) going forward.

• Wow

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
I've subscribed to the whole AHL season for years. Usually renewals are around the first week of September. So I'm guessing details should be coming in The next couple of weeks.

Sandisfan

Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
San Jose

Not sure how this is going to work yet. I was only subscribed to AHL TV for Barracuda road games, I'm hoping you won't be required to pay for the whole league (and others) going forward.

I am a Big Road Race Cycling fan (Tour De France style though there are three of those Grand Tours, 3 weeks, plus many Stage races 4 to 8 days and also some Great one Day Races, Five are considered Monuments and World Championship same Level) and have to Use Flo to see about 25% of the races I want to see they are more expensive than two other options I use. F***rers too often when watching replays (not waking at 5 in the morning or so, so I watch on replay) have spoilers of who won as a clickable thumbnail. Otherwise being expensive and spoilers has the ability to choose resolution for slow connections and for cycling if I don't have time can choose 1.5x so I can watch first part a race in less time.

Edit: P.S. marketed as FloBikes

Reactions: Hobocop

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose

Calgary seems to love playing us on weekday afternoons, it's absolutely bizarre.

I am a Big Road Race Cycling fan (Tour De France style though there are three of those Grand Tours, 3 weeks, plus many Stage races 4 to 8 days and also some Great one Day Races, Five are considered Monuments and World Championship same Level) and have to Use Flo to see about 25% of the races I want to see they are more expensive than two other options I use. F***rers too often when watching replays (not waking at 5 in the morning or so, so I watch on replay) have spoilers of who won as a clickable thumbnail. Otherwise being expensive and spoilers has the ability to choose resolution for slow connections and for cycling if I don't have time can choose 1.5x so I can watch first part a race in less time.

Edit: P.S. marketed as FloBikes

Interesting to know. I'd definitely be watching the games live, and AHL TV is already plenty janky as it is, so not sure if I'm worried about the quality going down. The spoilers thing sounds pretty annoying, though.

Pretty much more than anything I'm hoping they keep a similar pricing structure to AHL TV. That part was ideal for someone like me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad