Barracuda News and Discussion 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Episkey

Nitrox
Mar 12, 2013
California
Wow, down 5-2 in last 10 minutes of 3rd and now it's 5-5. Two goals in the final couple minutes. Sweet. Headed to OT. I watched the first 10 minutes of the game and last 10 now, and Goldobin looks really good. Dangerous in the offensive zone. Below the goal line, battling for the puck in the defensive zone. Nice assist to Goodrow a couple minutes into the game and then assisted on the 5-4 goal a minute ago, setting McCarthy up nicely with an open net. Both primary.

Edit: Damn it Grosenick. Pulls a Stalock and tries to beat a Heat forward to a loose puck. Gets burned and Mason Raymond scores on an empty net in OT.

Last edited:

Timo Time

73-9
Feb 21, 2012
San Jose, CA
Aside from the game tonight, how has Goldobin looked thus far this season? His statline isn't eye popping but seems to be putting up nice numbers on a typically challenged Sharks affiliate team.

Episkey

Nitrox
Mar 12, 2013
California
Aside from the game tonight, how has Goldobin looked thus far this season? His statline isn't eye popping but seems to be putting up nice numbers on a typically challenged Sharks affiliate team.
He has been steadily improving as the season goes on. He started off pretty slow, then put some points up, and then went through a stretch where he was finding himself benched for poor play away from the puck, especially in the defensive zone. Sommer really likes to roll all four lines on this team and Goldobin hasn't had very good linemates most of the year. His numbers are definitely good given the situation. Over the past week or two, he's been lights out. Much more determined with the puck in the o-zone and relatively committed defensively. He's on a five game point streak, but hasn't scored in ~15 games.

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
He has been steadily improving as the season goes on. He started off pretty slow, then put some points up, and then went through a stretch where he was finding himself benched for poor play away from the puck, especially in the defensive zone. Sommer really likes to roll all four lines on this team and Goldobin hasn't had very good linemates most of the year. His numbers are definitely good given the situation. Over the past week or two, he's been lights out. Much more determined with the puck in the o-zone and relatively committed defensively. He's on a five game point streak, but hasn't scored in ~15 games.

You think he'll be ready for the big club next season?

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I just watched the highlights from last night, and man does Stockton's announcer go insane when they score. It's hilarious.

Goldenshark

Sep 16, 2007
Vacaville
I just watched the highlights from last night, and man does Stockton's announcer go insane when they score. It's hilarious.

Just watched those highlights on the AHL Live app and their announcer is crazy. Going to the game tonight, looking forward to see the Barracuda in their home whites since Stockton's wearing their alternate black jerseys again. Wonder if Torres will fight again.

Episkey

Nitrox
Mar 12, 2013
California
Goldobin's point streak extends to 6 games (all assists). Jevpalovs scored on a rebound from Goldobin shot. Mueller also gets an assist.

Goodrow not in Barracuda lineup today. Possible recall.
Looks like it.

Paul Gackle ‏@GackleReport 2h2 hours ago
#SJSharks have recalled Barclay Goodrow from @sjbarracuda

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
It's likely too late in the season (unless DW doesn't make a move for a backup) to give Dell a shot in the NHL but he's been so good.

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
It's likely too late in the season (unless DW doesn't make a move for a backup) to give Dell a shot in the NHL but he's been so good.

I don't care how late it is in the season. Stalock needs to go on waivers, we need to either bring Dell up or acquire a new backup, and we need to do it yesterday.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I don't care how late it is in the season. Stalock needs to go on waivers, we need to either bring Dell up or acquire a new backup, and we need to do it yesterday.

No point in bringing up Dell now as they'll likely ride Jones until the TDL (5 games) but if they don't make a move for a back up then ya, he should get a shot.

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
No point in bringing up Dell now as they'll likely ride Jones until the TDL (5 games) but if they don't make a move for a back up then ya, he should get a shot.

I'd bring him up now anyway. That way there's no risk of us having to play Stalock if Jones gets the flu or has to miss a game for some other reason.

Goldenshark

Sep 16, 2007
Vacaville
Goodrow and Torres were scratches tonight.

It was a close game until the third when the Barracuda killed a 5 on 3 and McCarthy scored a shorty on the subsequent 5 on 4 and they never looked back. Great game and Dell was the number 1 star.

Owen

Roster Guru
Sep 13, 2003

You're exactly right. They've been priming Dell to eventually become Jones' backup in the future (unless he walks in UFA this summer). There's no point at all to having him just sit behind Jones when he's running hot. Especially after today's trade, I'm pretty sure Stalock will be the backup for the rest of the season.

Btw, I don't know why we needed to start a new thread, but I'll be the first to say in this new one that Aaron Fonseca is still the worst PA announcer in the business. SJ Sharkie and Frenzy would do a better job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad