Barré-Boulet, Kapanen or Heineman : Who's the one staying ?

Who's the one staying with the team ?

• Alex Barré-Boulet

Votes: 19 11.4%
  • Emil Heineman

Votes: 23 13.9%
  • Oliver Kapanen

Votes: 124 74.7%

• Total voters

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
It should be Kap or Heinamen who stays for sure....................

Does anyone think that Roy would benefit down in Laval? I saw some preseason games, and he did nothing to impress me...............where as a couple of the kids did do some good things,

I only watched a couple of preseason games and the highlights. Roy did impress me with a couple of good passes to spring Anderson for breakaways. It's those types of passes that MSL put them together for. I'm not saying Roy impressed me overall. But I did see those passes that impressed me.

I think he could benefit from some competition.

I’d rotate him and Heineman.

Kapanen gets a spot. He’s looked the best of the 3.
If Roy can't see the competition coming now, he will see it next year:

Caufield - Suzuki - Slaf
Laine - Dach - Demidov
Kapanen, Newhook, Roy, Beck, Heineman all fighting for the remaining 4 spots, assuming Evans isn't resigned.
_____ - ______ - __________
Gallagher - _______ - Anderson

Reactions: Ozmodiar

electron58

Jun 29, 2024
Who's the one staying with the team ?
Seemed like a simple question. Thread really became diverse. Lotta hate for Joshua Roy. Why? Has anybody really stood out? Except maybe Lane Hutson? But he wasn't an option. Then it has to be Kapanen. He will be the one, I believe. I would even play him 3rd line center or 2nd line winger.If he's 3rd line center then put Dvorak on the wing if he's not moved before season start. If he's 2nd line winger, then he's with Dach & Roy. Why not? Newhook centers 3rd line with Dvorak & Army as wingers.
If no room for Heineman then he's the first call up. ABB on waivers to Laval or wherever.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
If a young player needs the game to be played a certain way to be effective, he would be a prime candidate to get sent down. He can learn to be effective in more diverse situations in Laval. He is being outplayed by other guys.

I'm pretty hopeful for Roy, because he has great potential, but he has looked ordinary at best this camp. Just send him down and get him hungry again.

I'd keep ABB and Kap for opening night. Heineman would be on deck in Laval.
And I recall people saying Suzuki is a bust because of what he did or didn’t do at the WJC, which are also glorified exhibition games. Roy has proven to be better than both of those players before.

Reactions: Ozmodiar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad