Barré-Boulet, Kapanen or Heineman : Who's the one staying ?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who's the one staying with the team ?

• Alex Barré-Boulet

Votes: 13 10.4%
  • Emil Heineman

Votes: 16 12.8%
  • Oliver Kapanen

Votes: 96 76.8%

• Total voters

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
CC - NS - Slaf
Newhook - Dach - Anderson
Roy/Heineman (in rotation) - Dvo - Kapanen
Armia - Evans - Gallagher
(Pezz, JR/EH)

More decisions to make when Laine returns. Maybe Kapanen or Heineman sent down with a checklist of what they have to work on.

ABB to Laval. Only needed if there are injuries.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I hope Kapanen stays.
I think he stays. They'll likely want to keep him around. He has two full seasons of experience in Europe not sure he would benifit that much from a 3rd outside of the SHL being a stronger league than the Liiga.

CC - NS - Slaf
(Pezz, JR/EH)

More decisions to make when Laine returns. Maybe Kapanen or Heineman sent down with a checklist of what they have to work on.

ABB will be used at the end of the season to fill a Jersey after the TDL like Belzile two years ago.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Cole-Suzuki-Slaf
Roy-Dach-Newhook
-Dvorak-Armia
-Evans-

Why are we choosing ? There's literally 5 spots left for Kapanen, Heineman, ABB, Pezz, Anderson, Gallagher.

Send Gallagher home to Laval and voila.
Gallagher has a NMC, can't be sent down

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Given what I've seen in camp Evans is my 3rd line center not Dvorak AINEC.
But I'm biased because I've always maintained Evans is not a good/ideal 4th line player.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
CC - NS - Slaf
(Pezz, JR/EH)

Kapanen can't be sent down as per his contract in Sweden. It is play in the NHL or go back to Sweden and play the entire season in the SHL.

Reactions: Ozmodiar

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Barre-Boulet is already 27. Has always looked good in camp settings on other clubs and in the ahl. He's not an nhler. I'd rather time be invested in Kapanen. BB will be the classic camp darling who will have no impact at the nhl level. We know where this story will end.

Heineman hasn't developed as much as I hoped since his first camp. I can't put my finger on it, but there is something still immature about his game. I think he can keep up in the nhl, but not sure he makes much of an impact on the ice.

Last edited:

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
From the preseason alone, all three deserve to be on the team. Unfortunately the salary cap is super restrictive. I understand why, but it sucks that you basically have to give spots to some players based on contracts.

I like both a lot. I purely choose Kapanen because otherwise he's gone to Europe.

That was part of the reason I didn't - I think Kapanen benefits from another season in Sweden while Heinemen is getting closer to needing to clear waivers. I think both deserve a spot more than Barre-Boulet (I hope I got that right) based on them having a brighter future. And Harvey-Pinard having a rotten season last year after showing so much promise. Lavalagger became Gallager way too soon.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Barre-Boulet is already 27. Has always looked good in camp settings on other clubs and in the nhl. He's not an nhler. I'd rather time be invested in Kapanen. BB will be the classic camp darling who will have no impact at the nhl level. We know where this story will end.

Heineman hasn't developed as much as I hoped since his first camp. I can't put my finger on it, but there is something still immature about his game. I think he cane keep up in the nhl, but not sure he makes much of an impact on the ice.
We should at least see next year how Heineman will at least start out in the NHL. It will be good for Heineman to have a big role in the AHL imo.

But we don't need him or ABB this year. Perhaps ABB starts out as 13/14th forward with Pez if we don't want to risk losing him on waivers.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
He was outplayed be Kap, Hein, Tuch.

Send him down.
He's also only 21 , not the end of the world or anything if he's not performing as expected , I mean I have no problem with him starting with the team but I hope they don't just give him a free pass out there if he struggles

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
We can't send all kids in the AHL and expect them to have all big role in the AHL and eat minutes. Not sure why it's so hard to understand. You'll have Roy, Beck, Heineman, Tuch, Xhekaj, Mesar along with vets and tweeners like Kidney, Farrell, Condota, ...

If we send them all in t he AHL some of them will play a bottom 6 role in the AHL. I really should not have to repeat that every 3 days. KH knows what is is going and i would be surprised with Laine's injury if there's not two of Tuch, Kapanen, Roy and Heineman starting in the NHL.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I'll take Gallagher on this team over Anderson any day, thanks
So send Anderson home and have Gallagher as the 13th forward.

I'm actually the opposite, I'd rather have a capable body with an incapable mind than a capable mind with an incapable body. It's like saying you'd rather have Guy Lafleur out there than Tanner Pearson. Guy won't do much on the ice, sadly.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Why does Roy have a free spot in the lineup when he looks like crap all preseason?
Preseason isn’t made for guys like Roy. He’s cerebral and his entire game is about anticipation. Right now games are a mess for everyone involved, there’s no real systems and it’s full of AHLers doing whatever to stand out. I’m not worried about him.

Reactions: rickthegoon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad