Barré-Boulet, Kapanen or Heineman : Who's the one staying ?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who's the one staying with the team ?

• Alex Barré-Boulet

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Emil Heineman

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Oliver Kapanen

Votes: 27 79.4%

• Total voters

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Patrik Laine will be out for 2 to 3 months.
RHP is also out for 3 to 4 months.

They will be back.....but this means we need to keep someone we didn't expected to keep.
Dach, Suzuki, Slafkovsky, Newhook, Caufield, Dvorak, Anderson, Gallagher, Roy, Armia, Evans and Pezzetta.

Either it's as a 13th forward or as a top 9 player, at least one will remains with the team for sure.

There's seems to be 3 options:

1- Barré-Boulet : The older guy with NHL experience, but never quite make it. Not the biggest toolbox to be on the bottom 6
2- Heineman : He also has limited NHL experience, but he had a good camp. More suite than ABB for a bottom 6 role
3- Kapanen : He had the best camp for sure, but we don't want to keep him to be healthy scratch half the games either. So keeping him means playing him, have to make sure it's a possibility for the full season.

Who's the on....

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada

They will be back.....but this means we need to keep someone we didn't expected to keep.
Dach, Suzuki, Slafkovsky, Newhook, Caufield, Dvorak, Anderson, Gallagher, Roy, Armia, Evans and Pezzetta.

Either it's as a 13th forward or as a top 9 player, at least one will remains with the team for sure.

1- Barré-Boulet : The older guy with NHL experience, but never quite make it. Not the biggest toolbox to be on the bottom 6
2- Heineman : He also has limited NHL experience, but he had a good camp. More suite than ABB for a bottom 6 role
3- Kapanen : He had the best camp for sure, but we don't want to keep him to be healthy scratch half the games either. So keeping him means playing him, have to make sure it's a possibility for the full season.

Who's the on....
Kapanen for me.

All three I thought had good camps. ABB I dismissed out of hand but he surprised me. If he clears waivers, he'd be a great injury call up who can actually hang.

With Heineman, there's something there. Might need another year but I think he's worth a look.

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
Why is Roy a lock? I think Kap makes the team, and the 13th forward will be a player you don't mind sitting in the press box from waivers or a trade not a real prospect who needs to play everyday in either Montreal or Laval.

Reactions: Big Lurk

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

Who's the on....
Kapanen should be a lock. He's the better player. Can always send him to Euro if he slides.

They may keep Barre-Boulet and unprotect a big contract. Similar to last year when protected 3 goalie and left Armia unprotected. That way you don't lose anybody.

Heineman has options. He probably goes down. But he had good camp. Has NHL future. Established that this camp.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009

Who's the on....
So by TDL Dvorak is going and likely Armia. Space enough for Kapanen. Heinemen impressed me also but not like Kapenen

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
Kapanen, Heineman is not a better solution

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Cole-Suzuki-Slaf
Roy-Dach-Newhook
-Dvorak-Armia
-Evans-

Why are we choosing ? There's literally 5 spots left for Kapanen, Heineman, ABB, Pezz, Anderson, Gallagher.

Send Gallagher home to Laval and voila.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
I'd send Roy back in the AHL to be honest, to me he seems like he takes things for granted, which is what he was doing in juniors.

I like Heineman's camp, he at least kind of 'woke up' the more it goes on, but I don't mind Barré-Boulet either and I'd prefer not risking him on waivers.

I'd keep Kapanen with the team, to me he pretty much is the only one who's forcing anything.

Pezzetta alternating with Barré-Boulet or whoever as the 13th forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad