Barky appreciation thread

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Would have been a worthy conn Smythe winner most years, Panthers best player this season imo

Here's some highlights from rounds 2 and 3

Also, I know everyone was saying Barkov didn't shut down McDavid (which is in part true). But McDavid only scored 1 goal against his line this series (5v5). Barkov did a better job than anyone else.

Last edited:

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Oilers fans said he wouldn’t make a difference against Mcdavid. He destroyed him 5 out of 7 games.

McDavid only had 3 more points in the series than Barkov and Tkachuk combined

the world has rarely seen such a thorough destruction

rekt-savage.gif

tabness

will play for 4 million 🇵🇸
Apr 4, 2014
McDavid only had 3 more points in the series than Barkov and Tkachuk combined

the world has rarely seen such a thorough destruction

View attachment 886834

McDavid legacy nerds are the weirdest types of posters lol go and check when McDavid scored/assisted when Barkov was on or better yet, watch those goals again. Literally you have the 5 on 3 goal, an empty netter, the softest goal of the series the Ekholm one in game 2 (even McDavid's non empty net game 5 goal wasn't as bad and it was bad). The one 5 on 5 goal was the Nurse goal on the rush off the drop pass, really on Barkov right?

In fact, in the one game where McDavid delivered when it mattered game 5, he did his damage and got his points in the early part of the game before the Panthers really took over and then of course did the damage on the empty net. But yeah, congrats on racking up 3 points on the in the second period of the game 4 blowout (where the Panthers were clearly at their best right?) and the shorty late in that game (which was offsides anyway, POMO just didn't bother challenging because he's not a stats nerd).

It was also obvious throughout the series that Knoblauch didn't have this insecure bravado and carefully matched McDavid away from Barkov whenever he could.

Barkov clearly delivered throughout the playoffs and in the finals.

haista vittu with this garbage and go be a mcdaver somewhere else man

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
H

Held to zero 3/7 games

Drai with 3 points and 0 in 5/7

Give the man credit for like 8 hours

It's almost like Barkov's value came by neutralizing the best player in the world when matched up.
Barkov could of scored zero points for all I care. He shut down McDavid when it mattered the most.

Florida was built to not need Barkov to play Selke level defense and have to be Rocket Finalist.

Both teams PK did a great job, Oilers better, but Florida will take that all day as the Powerplay was more of a factor for the Oilers than the Panthers.

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
He's in that Kopitar/Modano tier of players. I think he might even surpass those guys. The popular opinion seems to be that Matthews > Barkov, but after this year's playoffs, I'm not so sure AM is better. They're close at any rate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad