Barkov the first Finn to captain team to Stanley Cup

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I thought having Ekman and Larsson seperately really gave it away, but then again it's HFboards so you can never be sure :D
I'm genuinely not sure. Some posters are known to be jokers/trolls around here. I'm less familiar with this one. I'm leaning more towards joke now, but thought it was serious at first.

apollo18

Oct 20, 2018
Seems like he’s actually fully russian by blood. Both parents are apparently Russian. He is just born in Finland. So could say he’s Finnish but also could say he’s a Russian

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Seems like he’s actually fully russian by blood. Both parents are apparently Russian. He is just born in Finland. So could say he’s Finnish but also could say he’s a Russian
Ethically Russian, fully raised as a Finn. You wouldn't find a thicker Tampere accent than Barkov has.

There are some people (in Finland), who really love to bring up his Russian background, especially during these global times. But I think the majority of Finns see him as a Finn.

• Haha
Reactions: Sentinel

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
He is product of Finnish youth system, but had adopted a lot from his father who was a Soviet national team player. When Finnish team play and work ethic meets Russian skill and hockey IQ, you get Barkov.

Last edited:

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Ethically Russian, fully raised as a Finn. You wouldn't find a thicker Tampere accent than Barkov has.

There are some people (in Finland), who really love to bring up his Russian background, especially during these global times. But I think the majority of Finns see him as a Finn.
No joke, but I keep forgetting he's Finnish. I just see the name and think he's as Russian as solyanka and methanol-laced vodka.

• Haha
Reactions: Sentinel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad