Bally Is Dead. Long Live Scripps.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Link for the app

Reactions: PSLguy

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Link for the app

Just looked for it in play store on my Android phone. Not there.

It is on Roku.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

loudo38

Sep 22, 2024
I live in the Melbourne area and have been a Panther fan, since attending the first ever home game, in 93. After I moved to Melbourne we were able to get Panther games on Bally Sports Florida on DirecTV satellite. Then we switched to DirecTV stream and it showed our zip code as getting the Panthers like DTV satellite did. Well, that wasn't so, as when ever the Panthers were scheduled we got alternative Bally programing. So I figured we must be out of market for DirecTV stream so I purchase ESPN+. That didn't work either. When ever a Panther game was scheduled on ESPN+ I would get a message it was blacked because it was available locally, which it wasn't. I contacted DirecTV, ESPN and the Panthers and all I would get is each one trying to throw the other other under the bus.

I am hoping that the new broadcast contract will resolve this issue, and it looks like we should get it on ESPN+, as the 3 Scripts stations are not in the Melbourne market.

Does anyone know if there is any description or map of the physical home boundaries of the teams? I can find them for football but haven't found any for the NHL.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
I live in the Melbourne area and have been a Panther fan, since attending the first ever home game, in 93. After I moved to Melbourne we were able to get Panther games on Bally Sports Florida on DirecTV satellite. Then we switched to DirecTV stream and it showed our zip code as getting the Panthers like DTV satellite did. Well, that wasn't so, as when ever the Panthers were scheduled we got alternative Bally programing. So I figured we must be out of market for DirecTV stream so I purchase ESPN+. That didn't work either. When ever a Panther game was scheduled on ESPN+ I would get a message it was blacked because it was available locally, which it wasn't. I contacted DirecTV, ESPN and the Panthers and all I would get is each one trying to throw the other other under the bus.

I am hoping that the new broadcast contract will resolve this issue, and it looks like we should get it on ESPN+, as the 3 Scripts stations are not in the Melbourne market.

Does anyone know if there is any description or map of the physical home boundaries of the teams? I can find them for football but haven't found any for the NHL.
:welcome:
I read somewhere that the local zone is south of Fort Myers on the west coast. And south of Fort Piece on the east coast. But I'm not 100% sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: loudo38

loudo38

Sep 22, 2024
Here is some information the Panthers sent out today. Look for your zip code to see if you are in the Panthers viewing territory.
I checked and it shows that the Melbourne zip codes are in the Panthers home market, but that is what DirecTV said last year under Bally Sports. No local TV Panther coverage, so if the Panther Plus page is correct, Brevard County fans can at least buy Panther Plus. Last year we only got to see them ŵhen they played the Lightning, all the national games were blacked out in our zip code ɓy DirecTV Stream.

loudo38

Sep 22, 2024
From the information that was posted on the Panthers website Monday it looks like this is the approximate home coverage for the Panthers. If you live inside that area you will need to get the Panthers via local TV stations (OTA, cable, satellite or streaming), or the Panther+ app. Outside of this area you can watch their games on ESPN+, as Out of Market.

Attachments

• Florida Panthers Home coverage.jpg
    Florida Panthers Home coverage.jpg
    326.4 KB · Views: 1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad