Speculation: Ball Arena

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Interesting thread........ So Kroenke is concerned about needed Ball Arena improvements......

Meanwhile, the Avs practice facility is a complete joke....... (I wonder, do the players ever get to board the amusement rides out in the lobby?)

Apparently, the facility doesn't even have back up generators. (blame South Suburban Rec District, right?)

The Avs also like to boast about growing amateur hockey in Colorado and I will allow them some credit for a bit of that. But I am not aware however of any indoor rinks they've constructed anywhere in the State that might have jump started that growth. (Compared to the Star DR/Pepper Centers in the Dallas metroplex.)

And why would they? Ice rinks are notorious for losing $$$.

Add to that Altitude and how difficult the franchise makes it to view their game home and away) broadcasts.

But let's prioritize improving Ball Arena......

I smell the aroma of real estate development opportunities cooking on the Kroenke stove.
Kroenke's whole empire is about real estate and that is what drives everything.

Saying that, a part of this development is a practice facility. That is the recreation center part of this development. The primary reason the facility has taken nearly a decade to not even get off the ground is that they are forcing it to be tied to real estate.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Kroenke's whole empire is about real estate and that is what drives everything.

Saying that, a part of this development is a practice facility. That is the recreation center part of this development. The primary reason the facility has taken nearly a decade to not even get off the ground is that they are forcing it to be tied to real estate.

Seems kinda dumb to be pushing for this massive real estate deal that benefits the Nuggets and Avalanche when a very sizable portion of the state can't even watch those teams on TV.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Seems kinda dumb to be pushing for this massive real estate deal that benefits the Nuggets and Avalanche when a very sizable portion of the state can't even watch those teams on TV.
Damn straight.

A new season is just about upon us and I once again have to rediscover how I can watch Avs games when they are being blacked out (like by NHL Network).

Doable. But once again, a pain in the butt.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Kinda hope Denver tells Kroenke to pack sand when he sticks his hand out for public dollars.

I would not mind one bit if every single NHL stadium moving forward was only permitted to be built using private dollars. Like make it a big dick thing with the owners, who can build the best without needing a handout. The owners should be shaming each other over needing public assistance. I thought it was a big boys club.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Kinda hope Denver tells Kroenke to pack sand when he sticks his hand out for public dollars.

I would not mind one bit if every single NHL stadium moving forward was only permitted to be built using private dollars. Like make it a big dick thing with the owners, who can build the best without needing a handout. The owners should be shaming each other over needing public assistance. I thought it was a big boys club.
I would be all for the complete banning of public funds for sports venues, but I realize that's pie-in-the-sky thinking.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Fundamentally I agree nobody should be using public dollars, but these owners are way too connected and sports teams offer way too much ego stroking to not get public funds. Just see the whole Calgary Flames drama lately.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015

The truth is, rich people actually adore government spending. They only raise a stink about it when the money goes to anyone other than them directly.

• Haha
Reactions: cinchronicity

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad