Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors 24-25 thread

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
All of Holland’s drafts were ass
Holloway might have been the only one that could potentially be the right pick for his spot. Broberg will be an everyday player but so many better players taken after him. XB and Schaffer were junk picks. Do we even have any players taken during Hollands time in rounds 2 to 7 that even look like potential NHL players? Akey, Wanner and Lavoie is all I can think of.

Reactions: La Bamba

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Bourgault was always a bad f***ing pick from day 1, lol. Wright's a horseshit scout.

I know who was passed on looks bad now, but in general the 2021 draft was a crapshoot because of COVID.

Bourgault was slotted 20th by Bob Mackenzie, who polls scouts. So you can say Wright is a horseshit scout (which is true) but all the other scouts had the same opinion.

Would have been nice if anyone listened to Coffey though...

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Holloway might have been the only one that could potentially be the right pick for his spot. Broberg will be an everyday player but so many better players taken after him. XB and Schaffer were junk picks. Do we even have any players taken during Hollands time in rounds 2 to 7 that even look like potential NHL players? Akey, Wanner and Lavoie is all I can think of.
Holloway being the least shittiest 1st round pick is pretty rough too. Looking back, there are many picks in the late 1st round that panned out better than Holloway. Even Calgary got a superior Connor Zary at 24th.

In Holland's combined 5 drafts (and 25 picks) between 2019-2023, Holloway and Broberg may very well become the only legit NHLers. And they're both out of the organization already. Chiarelli actually had Holland beat clean in the draft department.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Holloway being the least shittiest 1st round pick is pretty rough too. Looking back, there are many picks in the late 1st round that panned out better than Holloway. Even Calgary got a superior Connor Zary at 24th.

In Holland's combined 5 drafts (and 25 picks) between 2019-2023, Holloway and Broberg may very well become the only legit NHLers. And they're both out of the organization already. Chiarelli actually had Holland beat clean in the draft department.

I feel like Red Wings fans warned us about Wright too.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I know who was passed on looks bad now, but in general the 2021 draft was a crapshoot because of COVID.

Bourgault was slotted 20th by Bob Mackenzie, who polls scouts. So you can say Wright is a horseshit scout (which is true) but all the other scouts had the same opinion.

Would have been nice if anyone listened to Coffey though...
XB shouldn’t have even been an afterthought with Walstedt dropping to us. That should have been a no-brainer automatic pick, even over WJ at that point in time.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I feel like Red Wings fans warned us about Wright too.
The Red Wings 2017 draft might be the worst of all time.

1728249098985.png

They reached for a guy with third line upside at #9 and then proceeded to use the other 10 picks on guys who were 4th line and bottom pairing players in junior with barely even AHL upside.

It's honestly mindboggling that Wright got another job after that. Like sure, the draft is a crap shoot, but just the choice to draft that many of those types of players in one draft hurts my brain.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
XB shouldn’t have even been an afterthought with Walstedt dropping to us. That should have been a no-brainer automatic pick, even over WJ at that point in time.

Yeah, he would have been nice to grab. But I don't think Bourgault was a bad pick in general at the time. He was picked exactly where scouts thought he would go.

Obviously he did not work out. I'm just saying there's a difference between a bad pick at the time and a bad pick in retrospect.

I think we can all agree Walstedt and Wyatt Johnston were big misses.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
The Red Wings 2017 draft might be the worst of all time.

View attachment 913000

They reached for a guy with third line upside at #9 and then proceeded to use the other 10 picks on guys who were 4th line and bottom pairing players in junior with barely even AHL upside.

It's honestly mindboggling that Wright got another job after that. Like sure, the draft is a crap shoot, but just the choice to draft that many of those types of players in one draft hurts my brain.

Hopefully Wanner or LaChance makes it in the NHL because there is a chance we could come out of the 2020 and 2021 draft with a combined 0 NHL games played...

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Hopefully Wanner or LaChance makes it in the NHL because there is a chance we could come out of the 2020 and 2021 draft with a combined 0 NHL games played...
I can at least stomach those a bit because they swung on some decent upside guys and missed.

Having six picks in the top 3 rounds like Detroit did that year and picking a bunch of guys that could be 4th line/3rd pairing guys in the NHL if absolutely everything went right for them is just crazy.

Reactions: Senor Catface

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad