Cut/Released: Baker Mayfield - Claimed by Rams off waivers

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Just a few months ago the narrative was, SF would never win a SB with Jimmy as their QB. Now he gets hurt, and its, SF won’t win the SB without Jimmy as their QB. NFL is a soap opera.

The comp now is Jimmy vs their 3rd option/QB that was released.

You don’t see how that affects their chances?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Guessing he ends up in Houston.

Why would Houston take him?

& if Dallas takes him to stop him from going to SF as some suggest would they still have enough for Odell?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Why not? May as well try him out and see how he does. Not like they are going anywhere.

I just thought the worse they are the better it is for them.
Nothing to gain by being better

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
In the offseason I foolishly thought he could still help some team but he's terrible. Yeah, Rhule is also terrible but the Panthers had competent offensive players and Baker looked as bad, if not worse, than Darnold and Walker. I doubt he'll help the Niners.

Haha you and me both. :facepalm::facepalm:

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Who other than SF is going to claim Baker Mayfield on waivers? He doesn't even remotely move the needle for Houston so I wouldn't have any interest if I were them, but I guess if they do claim him it's a giant "whatever".

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
No way he learns an offense and is of any value this late in the season. I would think.

Heck it looked like he struggled knowing Carolinas offense after a training camp and preseason.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Not the easiest place to race value.

Rams have absolutely no one left(healthy)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Rams are having trouble keeping Wolford on the field, it’s worth the look. Not like tanking gets them anywhere.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
No risk signing. Could at least make the remaining schedule interesting. The Rams season is basically done already.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
If they actually play him Thursday we may be looking at Josh Freeman on MNF against the Giants 2.0.
It sounds like it might not have much of a choice. Stafford likely done for the season, Wolford is hurt and that other dude they have as a third string probably wouldn't be much better than a Mayfield coming in on 48 hours notice.

Elvis P

Revolution was a B side
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
It's December and no other team tried to claim him for a cheap short audition for next year. His NFL career may have been over if not for the Rams. He got the locker they were saving for OBJ. ;)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 4