GDT: Bad guys @ Good guys 6pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Guys, really? If you have an issue with something someone says then use the report function. Don't complain in public. Just understand that because it bugs you doesn't mean it's against the rules.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Was the right call not to overturn the call on the ice because it could have gone either way on replay but I have issue with the on ice officials calling it no goal. There's no way they could have seen such a slight forward motion with the skate via naked eye. You could barely see it on slow mo replay.

mytduxfan*

consensus on cogs no goal?

Yah, no goal. The Ducks lost this one because of some weak netminding and the Ducks dropping their heads after conceding the 2nd goal.

1st LA goal = Gibson let in a softy by lifting his stick and opening up the 5-hole.
2nd LA goal = Gibson flapping around and caught out of position.
3rd LA goal = The boys visibly displayed less hustle after conceding the 2nd goal in an otherwise strong 2nd period.

Such a shame, but I think the team played well overall.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
what amount of points are you projecting for that winning percentage?

As it is, I'm fairly confident we will be changing the roster in the next couple weeks, but will it be too late?

I think it'll be between 92 and 95. So somewhere between .620 and .650 we'll need. As lousy as the division is, a couple weeks might still be too late.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I think it'll be between 92 and 95. So somewhere between .620 and .650 we'll need. As lousy as the division is, a couple weeks might still be too late.

They've been playing .620 hockey since the first 10 games, so to make it they just need to step it up a little bit. They also might get some help from the other teams in the division going on a downward trend. Wouldn't be surprised in the least if the Canadian teams and Arizona sell between now and the deadline. Well, maybe not Edmonton, as they don't have much they'd want to sell, but I only see Calgary Vancouver and Arizona getting worse talent-wise from this point.

evomacky

we heff no effor
Jan 7, 2014
Anaheim, CA
consensus on cogs no goal?

no goal for sure. i agree there was no way the zebras could have seen him make that faint kicking motion, but had they looked at his face it was pretty clear cogs saw the puck coming and had time to put his foot into position.

imo it was the right call (no goal). had it been another team though, the call on the ice would have been a goal.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Games 11-44: 54.7% W-L%.

EDIT: It's not points, it's W-L%. It's 60.3% PTS.

Sorry, was a little off on the points percentage. Either way, that pace puts them at 91 points on the season. A bit of an increase and they should make it. And that's assuming the teams ahead up their pace as well. Arizona and San Jose are only on pace for 91-92 points, Vancouver and Nashville less than that.

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
What was Maroon so pissed off about? Some weird behaviour there at the bench.

Odd way to handle that Gibby question in the postgame interview by Bruce.

Thought Silver looked a lot better this game. Seems to be playing with a bit more confidence.

jax00

DangleSnipe&Celly
Mar 3, 2007
Anaslime
This team blows more scoring chances than any Ducks team I remember watching. Zero finish outside of #10. Everyone else seems to hsve stone hands.

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
What was Maroon so pissed off about? Some weird behaviour there at the bench.

Odd way to handle that Gibby question in the postgame interview by Bruce.

Thought Silver looked a lot better this game. Seems to be playing with a bit more confidence.

Goalie plays bad, and a reporter asks "Gibby plays great, kept you in the game, what do you have to say?" I'd be surprised by that question too and think she's dumb as her husband Jar Jar.

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
It seems like neither guy is any good for more than 10 games at a go.

Inexperience + lack off trust is a bad combo. If you know that after a bad game or two you might lose your starter status it wont go well. Look Gibson for example. After he became "starter" his performance level dropped by large margin. When he was "pretender" he was stellar.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Inexperience + lack off trust is a bad combo. If you know that after a bad game or two you might lose your starter status it wont go well. Look Gibson for example. After he became "starter" his performance level dropped by large margin. When he was "pretender" he was stellar.

I think the team playing lockdown defense was more the story behind Gibson's success than he was. When shots are limited to straight on at him his reflexes make him very very good. When teams can move the puck side to side or come at him on a breakaway, not so much. Conversely Freddie I think is much better at reading angles, tracking the puck, and getting across the crease in an upright position, but is prone to attention lapses or whatever it is that causes him to let in some goals he absolutely shouldn't (not nearly as many as people make out, but far more than he should).

On his game, Gibson is better when the team makes no defensive lapses. Slightly off his game, or when the team is getting broken down in front of him, I prefer Andersen.

Neither one is a great starter right now.

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden
Jar Jar annoying Bruce a bit.
I think her interviews are awkward. Some questions feel overthought and not natural. Would be better if questions where shortened and simplified.

On his game, Gibson is better when the team makes no defensive lapses. Slightly off his game, or when the team is getting broken down in front of him, I prefer Andersen.

Neither one is a great starter right now.
I believe we will see Andersen start next game (depending on injury or not), if that interview was any indication.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad