Speculation: Back-Up Goaltender Candidates

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
God after Bishop after they just traded for Andersen and gave him a contract. Pretty much safe to say they aren't going after a starter any time soon. Especially one like Bishop who'll command ridiculous money and term.

You got my post so wrong that it actually blows my mind.

Lupul for Niemi saves Dallas a goalie spot for Dallas to pursue Bishop, Dallas can LTIR Lupul

We save cap space

Oskar The Groucho

Oct 2, 2009
Barrie
Joni Ortio is a guy who wants more playing time. He is young at 25 and could grow into a capable NHL goaltender.

Jhonas Enroth wants to play anywhere from 20-25 games. He knows what his role is in the bigs. He would come in with the intention of playing as a backup. Its scary how much he reminds me of Toskala!!

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Joni Ortio is a guy who wants more playing time. He is young at 25 and could grow into a capable NHL goaltender.

Jhonas Enroth wants to play anywhere from 20-25 games. He knows what his role is in the bigs. He would come in with the intention of playing as a backup. Its scary how much he reminds me of Toskala!!

Don't say things you can't take back

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Enroth seems like the best fit on a 2 year deal. I would hate for us to trade for someone unless it is scraps we are giving up.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
we need to trade for a backup. There is nobody in our system that projects IMO to be a backup or potential starter. Every team should have a decent backup goalie capable of taking over for a few weeks in the event of an injury. Free agency does not hold the answer this year.
Leafs do not have a backup goalie and need to trade for one. It is a shortcoming with the Leafs organization presently.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
we need to trade for a backup. There is nobody in our system that projects IMO to be a backup or potential starter. Every team should have a decent backup goalie capable of taking over for a few weeks in the event of an injury. Free agency does not hold the answer this year.
Leafs do not have a backup goalie and need to trade for one. It is a shortcoming with the Leafs organization presently.

What backups are available for a trade that are better options then the UFA's available?

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I wouldn't be surprised if the Leafs are holding out for Enroth ... I bet Jonas is trying to find a job that is more akin to a starters workload and the Leafs have an offer on the table as the backup where he'll get around 20-25 games this season. I don't see much opportunity for Enroth to start for a team in the NHL which makes me think he's got offers in Europe or the KHL to consider. The only NHL team without a backup I believe is San Jose too.

Ortio would be my second choice of those left remaining. But I like Enroth as he's a solid proven backup that can stabilize the net behind Andersen.

Mad Brills*

Do you have a link, or are you just going off of that Swedish thing?

Swedish thing, but nylander coming over from the SHL started on a swedish site.

Mad Brills*

a one year deal instead of rushing sparks/bibeau/kasmir.

Sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad