Post-Game Talk: Ba Bada Bum Bada Bum Bada Bum

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
He quite literally takes 2 strides back to his crease after handing the puck off. Specifically looks right at Couts coming, then stops, and intentionally does his best to get into Couts' way. He certainly tries to lean into it too.

I'm watching it right now, repeatedly, and there's no convincing me that contact happens without Skinner making it happen.

If having your ass in the crease airspace warrants a GI call because it impedes the goalie, then the goalie intentionally setting a pick on a player outside of the crease should warrant the same response. Tired of seeing goalies get unfettered protection in and out of the crease.
Goalies do that all the time to run some legal interference.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
Skinner doesn’t move into his path, he just stops moving out of it.

That would be an interference penalty if skinner was a player and even more so if he’s a goalie.

He’s not obligated to move out of the way.

Not sure how you’ve watched that video over and over and think skinner moves into his path
Because he clearly does. He's going back to his net, sees Couts coming and intentionally reverses his movement to his crease and sets a pick.

I don't know how you can look at that and not see it. I guarantee you'd see it if it was the Philly goalie that did it.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Because he clearly does. He's going back to his net, sees Couts coming and intentionally reverses his movement to his crease and sets a pick.

I don't know how you can look at that and not see it. I guarantee you'd see it if it was the Philly goalie that did it.
He 100% set a pick. Coutourier had plenty of time to avoid contact. Both things can be true.

Reactions: TB12

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad