Post-Game Talk: Ba Bada Bum Bada Bum Bada Bum

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
1729115483304.png

Looks like Drai missed one shift.

The first three solid blue squares are McDavid, Drai and Hyman(from top to bottom) going out right after Drai's penalty(the orange shaded part). Then McDavid, Skinner and Hyman are the light blue squares that are out for McDavid/Hyman's next shifts then Drai is back out for the PP.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
They're doing their job and he is an overpaid grown man playing a game, answering stupid questions comes with the territory.

Messier was a real leader and dragged his teams into games. You and I know none of these guys compare to dudes in the 80s for true grit and try.
You keep repeating this, while failing to realize you cant do in 2024 what messier was doing in the 80's.

Reactions: TB12 and Drivesaitl

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
They're doing their job and he is an overpaid grown man playing a game, answering stupid questions comes with the territory.

Messier was a real leader and dragged his teams into games. You and I know none of these guys compare to dudes in the 80s for true grit and try.

You mean Vancouver Canuck Mark Messier?, cuz the only thing he dragged them into was the dark ages

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Messier thinks losing game 7 last year took a piece of the team’s soul away.

Probably true. Team needs a serious mental reset from last years loss.

Need some direction and wisdom from Management. If they got any.

And yet Skinner was dumped in his crease this season by someone skating right through his crease. No call.

They have a stretch every season where they play like one of the 3 worst teams in the league. They've still managed to put up 100+ points in all of those seasons.

It just is what it is at this point. Sure, they're heartbroken over the Cup Final still, but that will pass as they get into sync with this year and start cooking. Win some regular season games. That'll put that in the rear view mirror soon enough.

Reactions: Oilers88

DavidHasselhoffsFist

Seen some dark places, but always pop back out!
May 9, 2010
Reactions: bellagiobob

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Nice to finally get a win. Let's keep the fire going into the next game please.

At a minimum, those refs should be suspended. Absolutely horrific officiating.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
I wonder what Coutorier was thinking when he sideswept Skinner. Seems like a dumb move from a vet at that stage of the game. the old addage is don't wake a sleeping giant. Even without Kane in lineup, he found out, got in fight, and the whole game seemed to go south for Flyers after that. Not exactly a savvy thing from a vet.

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
I wonder what Coutorier was thinking when he sideswept Skinner. Seems like a dumb move from a vet at that stage of the game. the old addage is don't wake a sleeping giant. Even without Kane in lineup, he found out, got in fight, and the whole game seemed to go south for Flyers after that. Not exactly a savvy thing from a vet.
I expect teams coached by Torts to do dumb things ….

Missing smitty

Oct 1, 2018
You keep repeating this, while failing to realize you cant do in 2024 what messier was doing in the 80's.
That's why I never normally compare players from the 80s to now, only brought it up because it was brought up already.

You mean Vancouver Canuck Mark Messier?, cuz the only thing he dragged them into was the dark ages
Well, I still think that was an inside job, he was trying to screw them 🤣🤣

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Cam Talbot in 2016-17 and Mike Smith (various seasons) are the only two guys who have stolen games for us in net on a more than once in a blue moon kind of way.

Marchessault literally scored a career high 42 goals last season, lol.
If the Oilers defense could hold the opposing team to three shots or less, I think I could steal a game for the Oilers. Then again, I might let up all three goals as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad