Post-Game Talk: Ba Bada Bum Bada Bum Bada Bum

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Holy hell, team finally wins a big, gritty, galvanizing game and people bleating on about the team being old, Arvidsson sucks, teams old, Arvidsson sucks, we miss McLeod (LOL!!) and Foegele, Arvidsson sucks, team is old....

Can we just enjoy this one win? Again, as has been repeated countless times, take out Perry and Ryan and this team isn't some decrepit fossil. Prime players still in their prime. They had a SC hangover, these things exist.

CantHaveTkachev

Accruing Cap Space
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Holy hell, team finally wins a big, gritty, galvanizing game and people bleating on about the team being old, Arvidsson sucks, teams old, Arvidsson sucks, we miss McLeod (LOL!!) and Foegele, Arvidsson sucks, team is old....

Can we just enjoy this one win? Again, as has been repeated countless times, take out Perry and Ryan and this team isn't some decrepit fossil. Prime players still in their prime. They had a SC hangover, these things exist.
classic Drivesaitl de-railing a thread

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Corey Fkg Perry
Troy Fkg Stetcher
Adam Fkg Henrique
Connor Fkg Brown
Jeff Fkg Skinner
Line Fkg 3 (I toldya so…)

Now after Leon’s well deserved sit down can the PP and lines 1_2 please wake the f*** up for 60 minutes.

I don’t know what’s happened to Bouchard, he’s handling the puck like it’s a live grenade and RNH and Hyman look like they’re skating in glue. Get them off the PP and put in Skinner on the left wall and Perry net front for a couple of games.

Entertaining roller coaster of a game to be sure.

Also Gary Bettman and the rest of the NHL OBC can get on the hot rails to hell and f*** all the way off. He’s literally destroying the game with his rules on the fly. Nobody even knows what the goddam rules are anymore.

94 Oil Drops

SKINNER(S!)
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
So I just watched the highlights to that game and hilariously, we easily could of lost that game. Man our defense is bad and the 2nd Flyers goal was a muffin that can't go in. I won't talk to much about the ridiculous disallowed goal call because it will just make me angry.

Stetcher needs to play the rest of the year. It would be criminal to scratch him at this point. Seems like I was wrong bout Corey Perry so far this year. He's been one of our better players tbh.

His answer was really ‘you’re gonna have to ask him about that’ to why he was sat. Easy answer would have been I deserved it, was playing like shit, took a selfish penalty at a key point in the game for the second game in a row, coach was right to sit my ass.
I'm really glad Kris told him to sit down and shut up. Has any Oilers coach in the McDrai era benched one of the stars when they play bad? Leon's production may be fine so far but the rest of his play along with discipline has just been absolute s***! Leon got a fire under his butt and then gets the OT winner. That is good coaching.

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
Skinner getting shouldered was definitely the turning point.

Id actually argue the fact that that penalty was not called and the subsequent fights and lift was what won the Oilers the game. Jack and Louie even said it themselves that it benefitted the Oil way more than the Flyers.

Stetcher fighting Couturier was awesome. It looked like Couturier was taking it easy to be honest. But to drop the gloves against someone 6-7 inches taller than you and 40-50 pounds heavier takes some balls.

Hopefully a turning point.

Missing smitty

Oct 1, 2018
I asked what Perry did in this game other than drop the gloves. I asked about RV who has done sweet f*** all and is weak on pucks in all zones. The guy gets pushed off pucks constantly and doesn't have a point.
So what happened in the 3rd that got them going? Do you think it was the 2 fights or the absolutely god awful penalty that your favorite $14 million dollar player took that would have gotten a bottom 6 player scratched for the next game. Your takes are hilariously bad, you'd rather a bunch of players that skate in circles doing nothing.

Reactions: TB12

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I mean that's just completely false. I've watched him hold onto at least 20 blue line opportunities these past 4 games, dust it off, and then fire a wrist shot or slap shot into a shin pad.

Bouchard has not been good. He's showing you just how skilled he is because he can still create those chances when he's half assing it and executing poorly. That just goes to show how good the player is, but doesn't mean he's playing well through these 4 games. At least tonight he got his shot through a lot more than in recent games because in the previous two he looked like he was doing his best Andrej Sekera impression.
The whole powerplay forgot to practice with a puck in pre season.

They’re all handling the puck like it’s hot potato

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Skinner was rock solid last night too. Still label him as inconsistent. Can be so good one night, and total ass the other night
Skinner was ass last night in the first period and looked shaky. I give him full credit for battling through and recovering but he was one shot away from collapse. He had an extremely strong 3rd period though and looked way better

Hopefully it’s a start of a of a turn around from him. He went into last night with an .80 sv%.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Who was RV playing with tonight. Nuge. KK already getting the impression RV can't be playing with Drai or McD here. Skinner has brought his A game here. Thats good. Wasn't guaranteed that would occur. RV doesn't have an A game left.

Moore and Danault are better EV players than RV is. Would love to have either one of those.

Moore had 50 non PP pts last season. How is that "average"

RV had massive PP opportunity in LA. He'll be getting just 2nd unit PP mop up here. How is his situation here better with that? Drai has dropped off EV. Depends who we park with him on the line but RV is not healthy enough or young enough to be on that line. Doesn't have the jam anymore. I'd prefer even Savoie, Lavoie, or Holloway as a third with Drai. We need legs. team is chasing the play too often.

Again instead of insulting me 5X give me some predictions for what RV will produce here. Nah you don't want to commit. If lobbing insuts is your nature of discussion now I won't bother further.
Who was drai playing with tonight? McDavid.

Knobs getting the impression drai can’t run his own line.

Am I doing this right?

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Corey Fkg Perry
Troy Fkg Stetcher
Adam Fkg Henrique
Connor Fkg Brown
Jeff Fkg Skinner
Line Fkg 3 (I toldya so…)

Now after Leon’s well deserved sit down can the PP and lines 1_2 please wake the f*** up for 60 minutes.

I don’t know what’s happened to Bouchard, he’s handling the puck like it’s a live grenade and RNH and Hyman look like they’re skating in glue. Get them off the PP and put in Skinner on the left wall and Perry net front for a couple of games.

Entertaining roller coaster of a game to be sure.

Also Gary Bettman and the rest of the NHL OBC can get on the hot rails to hell and f*** all the way off. He’s literally destroying the game with his rules on the fly. Nobody even knows what the goddam rules are anymore.
Can we talk about how good Connor Brown has looked this season? His skating is way better than it was even in the playoffs. A fully healthy Connor Brown is a borderline top 6 player playing on the 3rd line. He's been all over it this season.

This is what makes me feel comfortable with the team long term with a strong bottom 6 that their early struggles are due to elite players playing awful. You know that's going to turn around at some point.
Of course the defense is another issue but it wasn't great on paper last season either. I still believe that Emberson has growth potential to grow into his role.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Ironically, despite all the flak management was getting, the guys they brought in and re-signed Skinner, Arvidsson, Brown and Henrique, Perry were their best forwards again. It's the top guys that have been an issue this season finally woken up after the support guys Stecher and Perry breathed some life into the team. Don't forget these guys if this game is a turning point this season.
Sounds like the last couple of games in the finals

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Third line drug the team back into the game with the Henrique and Brown goals. Credit to Stecher for dropping the gloves after the refs decided (for the second game in a row) that the Oilers goalie is fair game; him and Perry injected some life into the team.

Reactions: Giggleplex and TB12

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Who was drai playing with tonight? McDavid.

Knobs getting the impression drai can’t run his own line.

Am I doing this right?
Not sure if this is scsarcasm.
Drai's inability to run his own line is a proven fact that we see year after year but choose to ignore it because he ends the night with a point or two.

Also, who t f started calling Arvi 'RV ' here?

Missing smitty

Oct 1, 2018
Not sure if this is scsarcasm.
Drai's inability to run his own line is a proven fact that we see year after year but choose to ignore it because he ends the night with a point or two.

Also, who t f started calling Arvi 'RV ' here?
The guy who is obsessed with Draisaitl and is a massive Kings homer.....

North

Jun 25, 2009
Doesn't make much sense, Dermott is largely fine, has played more in more situations and is cheaper on the cap
Dermott has not been good.

Also not sure why you’d give up on Emberson this early.

Any RD that is waived is going to be replaced by Josh Brown. Be careful what you wish for.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Emberson is still learning a new system. I would wait until deadline to unload him if he doesn't work out

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad