Proposal: AZ's '17 3rd Rounder (MTL, PIT)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
If the Pens sign Cullen, sure, Id do Fehr for an early 3rd rounder.

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
So that we can afford to sign a better player for probably a cheaper price (Matt Cullen). Getting rid of Fehr's contract will also help us next offseason when we need to re-sign our high value contracts. The third is an added bonus.

They already have the money for Cullen, he's deciding if he wants to retire, go home, or chase another cup.

Fehr is not a cap dump, he will be very valuable for the club this season now that's he's healthy.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I can't see Hextall selling Read that cheaply unless he wanted to sign one of the free agents left.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
Might as well pull Read. The only one who said ok was because he thought Eller got a 2nd...not two 2nds.

Not because I thought Eller only returned 1 2nd RD pick but because Read is worth no more then a 3rd round pick at this point in time.

And, yes I knew Eller returned two seconds one in 2017 and one in 2018. I was watching the draft when the Eller trade happened, but I forgot to post that when I typed in my post.
I screwed up I'm human and I made an error when posting. That **** seems to always happen to me I always forget atleast 1 thing when I'm posting about every 7 to 10 posts.
You know it's weird sometimes I seem to forget atleast one thing I need before I leave my house, or I forget something that I need for work. I guess I have a lot on my mind sometimes, and I don't usually have a lot of time to read on HF during the weekdays.
I have to miss atleast 1 thing during the course of the day though, I suffer from CRS sometimes. So forgive me about missing the details of the Eller trade, he did return two 2nd round draft picks. My fault I missed that.

I Probably should have just went back to a transaction List on TSN or NHL, but I didn't bother because I was already looking at HF boards, cap friendly, hockeydb and about 3 other sites earlier, I guess that's why I'm beating myself up now rambling on about missing the details of the Eller trade.

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013
So that we can afford to sign a better player for probably a cheaper price (Matt Cullen). Getting rid of Fehr's contract will also help us next offseason when we need to re-sign our high value contracts. The third is an added bonus.

I wouldn't trade Fehr for a third, just to sign Cullen for one more year. First, not a given Cullen comes back. Second, Fehr will have a much better season this year. He won't be starting the year coming off injury. This is a pass. I value Fehr much more than you do. A third doesn't do much for me.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Rutherford & various Pittsburgh media members.

I would love it if you can link me any of these sources past the 3rd of August. Because on the 3rd of August, Michael Russo gave us some information on the whole situation during his podcast, which I'll be kind to link here.

But if you don't want to watch it, I'll be nice to give you a summary of it. Matt Cullen has many offers on the table. One of them from the Pens. None from the Wild. He prefers to play in Pittsburgh or Minnesota, but Pittsburghs offer is way too low. He believes that Cullen will take a better offer from another team unless we pay him more.

So I would be very happy to trade Fehr for an early 3rd.

Last edited:

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I wouldn't trade Fehr for a third, just to sign Cullen for one more year. First, not a given Cullen comes back. Second, Fehr will have a much better season this year. He won't be starting the year coming off injury. This is a pass. I value Fehr much more than you do. A third doesn't do much for me.

Sure, but this is a 3rd + a better player in a position of need (Fehr prefers the wing and I believe that we need a Center who can take defensive zone faceoffs apart from Crosby) + some cap savings I think. I doubt Cullen signs for more than $2M.

OldAsianSharksFan

More 1OV picks please
Jul 20, 2009
San Jose
If there was one Shark who underperformed last year, it was Wingels. A combination of his injury and Deboer's insistance on using other players really limited him, and he was clearly in the doghouse moreso than anyone.

Sad too, because I think Deboer's system, which is a more aggressive, pressure-checking system than McLellan's, should help Wingels' game grow, but instead Wingels didn't really adjust to it.

Wingels needs a change of scenery and while I think Wingels is worth more than a 3rd, I think I'd have to do this.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
I'd hold on to Fehr for now, injuries will happen and you need all the depth you can get. That can change later on, like if they sign Cullen, Sundqvist steps in to larger role or even someone like Rowney shows he can play at this level.

The value is probably fine, but this isn't the right time.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Mitchell for a 4th/5th is good enough for me, would be very happy with a 3rd though. I'd rather see what Danault can do as the 4th line center.

DrDangles

Mar 1, 2013
I wouldn't deal Fehr for a pick unless it was overpayment. No need to deplete our depth up front for a pick that has a low chance of panning out.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I wouldn't deal Fehr for a pick unless it was overpayment. No need to deplete our depth up front for a pick that has a low chance of panning out.

We have a better option to replace him who is probably willing to sign for less than $2M.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Sounds like the Flyers fans are the least receptive among those left in the OP.

It seems most Habs and Sharks fans are most amenible, while there's a bit of a split among Pens fans. Fair?

Yes. As stated, Hextall got 3rd rounders for much lesser players like Rinaldo, McGinn, etc... He will get more for Read if he decides to move him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad