Confirmed with Link: [AZ/CBJ] Jon Gillies for Jakub Voracek (dead cap), 2023 6th round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I have no problem doing these types of deals after the league f***ed us on the draft measurements scandal.

I don’t think we’re broke. I think the challenge is hitting the cap floor with so many ELCs next year. I have no interest in big ticket UFAs who are past their prime.
Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Could be he’s more interested in taking better players with bad contracts this summer and needs extra space for that?

Or maybe he just wants to do a bunch of these deals before the cap goes up and ruins the party?

Or perhaps we are just broke and are liquidating for relocation because the Tempe deal is gonna fall through.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Arizona will be paying Voracek $1.5m after insurance.
but we're not willing to retain 25% on Chychrun?

2024 is going to be dark. Do we need to start a 2024 draft thread?

Something creative about Cole Eiserman?

His nickname has to be "Bud"
I'm buying that jersey! Something to finally smile about!

Reactions: Nowotny

Fyreman

Ret FD Batt Chief
Jul 19, 2013
So when do we stop the sell-off(s) and ID the core. At some point the madness has to end, I mean really- WTF???

Reactions: Nowotny

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
SCHMALTZ! CHO-EE-CHU!

72294535-bc08-43ed-9adf-8c8be6620286_screenshot.jpg

(This is easily the geekiest joke I've ever made on HFBoards.)

Post of the year.

Reactions: The Feckless Puck

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
So when do we stop the sell-off(s) and ID the core. At some point the madness has to end, I mean really- WTF???
I think 2-3 years from now. Need the arena approved. Probably about a year it opens before they will start trying to generate more of a buzz and spend more $ on the on -ice product. We will run lean (entry level contracts) until then.

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I want to defend this franchise against the shittalkers but the moves this team makes continue to make it increasingly difficult
There's no reason to defend it.

You go the B-Rabbit way.

Now, everybody from the A and Z
Put your (censored) hands up and follow me!
Everybody from the A and Z
Put your (censored) hands up! Look, look
Now, while he stands tough
Notice that this man did not have his hands up
This Free World's got you gassed up
Now, who's afraid of the Big Bad North?
One, two, three, and to the four
One Pac, two Pac, three Pac, four
Four Pac, three Pac, two Pac, one
You're Pac, he's Pac, no Pac, none
This guy ain't no (censored) MC
I know everything he's 'bout to say against me
I am white, I am a Coyotes fam
I do live in a trailer with my mom

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Then a 6th seems light. Unless the real value is the floor coverage. Seems like the real value is the floor coverage.

Yes, a 6th is light. But Columbus wasn't in a situation where they were highly motivated to pay full price to move out Voracek. Similar to how Buffalo took on Bishop's contract this season for only a 7th.

GhostofTommyBolin

Aug 18, 2016
Chandler, AZ
I have no problem doing these types of deals after the league f***ed us on the draft measurements scandal.

I don’t think we’re broke. I think the challenge is hitting the cap floor with so many ELCs next year. I have no interest in big ticket UFAs who are past their prime.
If not for the league, the team wouldn't even be here for us to talk about, so I'm pretty lenient when blaming the league for things.

Reactions: moosemeister

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
If not for the league, the team wouldn't even be here for us to talk about, so I'm pretty lenient when blaming the league for things.

Agreed with that, would have just liked to see a similar punishment dished out to Chicago. Their offense was far worse than Chayka measuring a couple biceps.

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping
My take is that CBJ thought they had a deal in place for Chychrun (LA 1st and 2 2nds), but OTT won with their higher 1st.

This deal is just a way for BA to salvage the relationship with Jarmo

Reactions: Summer Rose

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Sun Belt
Literally selling everything that isn't bolted down. Trading your AHL backup for anything is impressive ... I just thought solving another team's cap problem would pay better than it does.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad