Confirmed with Link: Axel Sandin-Pellikka signs three year entry level contract

izlez

Carter Mazur Fan Club
Feb 28, 2012
The AHL is just NA hockey. That's really all there is to it. It's not a goon league. A goon league was the CHL (no, not that CHL). You softies want guys hanging out in Europe, handled with kid's gloves, getting ill-prepared for NA hockey, well I won't stand for it! Get MBN to GR ASAP. ASP to follow next season!
The guy that injured Mazur was putting up penalty minutes at a higher rate than Probert

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Anyway , my point was that let him mature enough to play in NHL and skip AHL. I also believe he could play now in NHL, limited third pair and second pp until
Play next season in Sweden? Not the worst idea but the org seems to prefer AHL as the final polishing spot. All situations 1D is better and he gets those minutes in AHL.
This is his 3rd pro season...
Teuvo Teräväinen considered golf as a appropriate off-season training after 4th pro season and didn't start training properly during the off-season until after his 5th pro season. And i believe Kari Lehtonen didn't train at all until he played in Dallas.

Most of the kids ASP age goes to McDonalds to eat after practice and play video games until 2am. And ASP's body has barely stop maturing, natural talent has carried him so far but there is still lot more to learn.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Teuvo Teräväinen considered golf as a appropriate off-season training after 4th pro season and didn't start training properly during the off-season until after his 5th pro season. And i believe Kari Lehtonen didn't train at all until he played in Dallas.

Most of the kids ASP age goes to McDonalds to eat after practice and play video games until 2am. And ASP's body has barely stop maturing, natural talent has carried him so far but there is still lot more to learn.
That sounds like a Finnish problem, more than anything...

Most of the kids ASP's age, aren't leading defensemen in scoring in the SHL.

Also, there is no such thing as natural talent in hockey. Nothing about the sport of hockey is natural. Everything has been worked and practiced to get to where they are now.

cjm502

Holy Jumpin!
Jun 22, 2010
Mid Michigan

Also, there is no such thing as natural talent in hockey. Nothing about the sport of hockey is natural. Everything has been worked and practiced to get to where they are now.
I believe what he is saying is some have to work a lot harder then others. My cousin has been mucking it up playing minor pros for years and I would imagine there is a good chance he puts less effort in to training and practice then almost anyone else on his team and that's how it has been his entire life. Coasting by on natural talent. He played with Larkin as a kid, was as good or better then Larkin while being two years younger, and look where Larkin is compared to my cousin. One put in the work, one didn't. Natural talent with little effort vs natural talent with extreme effort.

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing

Those were just the first names that popped in to my minds. There are other examples if we start diggin. Like Byfuglien for example.

Scoring doesn't prove anything yet, those chubby cheeks in the otherhand tells a different tale.

Disagreed big time, like hockey IQ for example. You have it or you don't. All the top players in the world has natural talent, training and professionalism gets them to succeed in the highest level. European leagues are filled with players whom are naturally talented but they ain't willing to work for it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad