Confirmed with Link: Axel Sandin-Pellikka signs three year entry level contract

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
If we have not improved by game 20, I say screw it. Bring ASP over and get rid of someone like Chiarot.
of all the Dmen on the team to get rid of, why pick Chiarot??

At present he's the second most important Dman on the team. Yes, more than Ed though Ed will hopefully overtake that role soon.

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
if we haven't improved by game 20 the season is toast. better to take the L, add another top 10 pick and let our prospects develop for next year

Last season we broke our franchise record to 8 years of missing the playoffs in a row, so missing the playoffs again this year would just extend this crappy record. At some point extreme measures need to be taken. We had our high picks 4-5 years ago and had enough time to build a team around the youth and the core guys, at some point results need to be mandatory.

If the Wings don't make the playoffs this year, there needs to be some serious shakeup to the team, and yes, this involves Yzerman being on the hot seat.

AlwaysSunnyInDetroit

Oct 1, 2021
Last season we broke our franchise record to 8 years of missing the playoffs in a row, so missing the playoffs again this year would just extend this crappy record. At some point extreme measures need to be taken. We had our high picks 4-5 years ago and had enough time to build a team around the youth and the core guys, at some point results need to be mandatory.

If the Wings don't make the playoffs this year, there needs to be some serious shakeup to the team, and yes, this involves Yzerman being on the hot seat.
there is no mandatory in professional sports. you try your best and you get what you get

if things don't improve by game 20 we'll have 16 points in 20 games, a 65 point pace. there's no coming back from that. we're not the 23-24 oilers

lastly, swapping chiarot for asp isn't going to improve anything (except our draft position)

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
there is no mandatory in professional sports. you try your best and you get what you get

if things don't improve by game 20 we'll have 16 points in 20 games, a 65 point pace. there's no coming back from that. we're not the 23-24 oilers

But this is what sets successful franchises from those who are not. I'm not sure how old you are, but I watched the Wings since the 90s, so I remember a time where this franchise was looked at as the standard. I get it, it's sports entertainment and not something serious, but as a fan I can say that the direction they poop hard if they miss another year, and to me it would be an indication that they're not moving toward the right direction.

lastly, swapping chiarot for asp isn't going to improve anything (except our draft position)

For this kind of effort, this would be for the best.

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007

Nail meet hammer.

ASP needs a complete, healthy year of SHL dominance and then one in the AHL before being put in the winged wheel.

The negative comments on Edvinsson are wildly misguided. The guy was paired with Mo against the Preds top line, which is one of the best in the NHL. He has faced the top teams and is holding his own, with flashes of brilliance. This kid is going to be great, think Lidstrom with Chara size (that hyperbole is for Jaster).

Does this D have holes? Yep. Would Trouba have been a welcome addition? Yep. Could the Wings afford him? Nope. Would they be Cup contenders with him? Nope. Unless some of your are misleading yourself, the stated goal is the #8 spot. No one in the Wings organization is speaking to League dominance. Plus they ran into a buzzsaw called the Rangers to start the season.

AlwaysSunnyInDetroit

Oct 1, 2021
But this is what sets successful franchises from those who are not. I'm not sure how old you are, but I watched the Wings since the 90s, so I remember a time where this franchise was looked at as the standard. I get it, it's sports entertainment and not something serious, but as a fan I can say that the direction they poop hard if they miss another year, and to me it would be an indication that they're not moving toward the right direction.
the fruits of our rebuild are literally ripening before our eyes. this is blatantly obvious to everyone who is paying attention, even certain posters who have some weird fetish that involves negging teenage athletes on the internet. we have 9 roster spots open next year with as much as 25 million in cap space. we could have as many as 8 highly promising prospects ready for nhl duty as early as next season. if you don't have the patience to wait one more year for it to all come together you might not be as old and wise as you think you are

For this kind of effort, this would be for the best.
unless it negatively affects asp's development

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004

2020 - 39 points
2021 - 48 points
2022 - 74 points
2023 - 80 points
2024 - 91 points and missed the playoffs due to a tiebreaker.

Are those not positive results?

OldnotDeadWings

Sep 18, 2013

The only time in the foreseeable future that Yzerman will be on the hot seat is if he wants a large dog sleeping on it before he uses it.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Why most here think that before playing in NHL ASP should play in AHL. There's nothing for him to learn in NHL. Very next season he should be on second pair

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
2020 - 39 points
2021 - 48 points
2022 - 74 points
2023 - 80 points
2024 - 91 points and missed the playoffs due to a tiebreaker.

Are those not positive results?

Go back to my first post, I didn’t throw this season away yet.

Btw, if this trend continues, we should be in the playoffs this year, anything short of that is failure imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad