GDT: Avs @ Wild | 6:30pm MT | Post- Thanksgiving Food Coma Edition

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
We really need the top guys to wake up at some point
While I agree with regard to consistent, dominant play, we also have to remember Bednar seems to be doing exactly what he's been guilty of in the past - especially last season - and it is arguably his biggest flaw as a coach:

Nichushkin played 27:21 (why the f*** a forward is playing this much is asinine)
MacKinnon played 24:05
Rantanen played 24:22

Makar played 28:48
Toews played 24:49

They are playing way too much hockey.

Only three other forwards played more than 13 minutes tonight and they were Drouin (17), Johansen (13) and Kiviranta (13).

It is only November and he is already riding these guys into the ground.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Makar No Point.jpg

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
Dermy on post game presser. Called his goal a "little bit of an out of body experience". I luvs me Derm. Dude's got bonus humor... of course in his role, would have to.

PS, can tell he's not on TV often. Could barely look at the camera.

Biz sd "... he could beat the wheels off of..." Gave him props for coming off the bench in the 3rd and 'making that move'. Cool.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
While I agree with regard to consistent, dominant play, we also have to remember Bednar seems to be doing exactly what he's been guilty of in the past - especially last season - and it is arguably his biggest flaw as a coach:

Nichushkin played 27:21 (why the f*** a forward is playing this much is asinine)

Only three other forwards played more than 13 minutes tonight and they were Drouin (17), Johansen (13) and Kiviranta (13).

It's because he's the only guy Bednar can trust right now. He's giving 110% every shift and isn't making the stupid plays all the other guys are.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

To add to this, Minnesota had 8 forwards play at least 13 minutes and only 1 forward above 20 (Eriksson-Ek) and I think it showed in the 3rd. They looked like the fresher team with way more energy.

Shane Diesel

Jun 8, 2021
Probably controversial, but I'll say it anyway. Seeing this below average FO rewarded for their egregious mistakes disgusts me. I hate Minnesota, but seeing a POS, low-life like MacDermid rewarded with a game winning goal is more than I can handle. Much rather would've seen the Wild win. Now Bednar won't take MacDermid out of the line-up. The repercussions of tonight will ripple negatively through the rest of the season. f***!

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Beating the wild are my favorite regular seasons wins. F that franchise and their fans. Avs were the better team tonight and deserved the win.
I feel like we were the better and worst team tonight. We created a ton more scoring chances, but turned the puck over a ton. It was Jekyll or Hyde every shift. Very weird game.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Probably controversial, but I'll say it anyway. Seeing this below average FO rewarded for their egregious mistakes disgusts me. I hate Minnesota, but seeing a POS, low-life like MacDermid rewarded with a game winning goal is more than I can handle. Much rather would've seen the Wild win. Now Bednar won't take MacDermid out of the line-up. The repercussions of tonight will ripple negatively through the rest of the season. f***!
Hahaha, I understand the fear but I don't think Bednar is going to want to play him any more than he already is. Dude got less than 4 minutes of ice time tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad