Confirmed with Link: Avs Sign Oliver Kylington to 1-Year Deal (1x$1.05)

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia
The last time the Avs added this many players to one position we found out LOC was done for the season. I'm just waiting for the 'insert top4 name' is going to miss 4-6 months headline.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I like the main board. This guy who's barely in the league we've signed for a million bucks is better than Manson. Aren't we lucky to have beaten all that interest to get him in.

Its not like it was even prompted by anything. He was just looking for an excuse to share his opinion about Manson. Kylington, the actual topic, was incidental.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Its not like it was even prompted by anything. He was just looking for an excuse to share his opinion about Manson. Kylington, the actual topic, was incidental.
Was it Mark Twain that said to write what you know about?

Dude saw Manson's name and it was like...
Leonardo Dicaprio Look GIF by Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

GoNordiquesGo

Oct 1, 2016
Montreal, Quebec
We acquired a 2nd round pick in 2025. It will be used to shore up areas of need at the deadline. It might be a 3rd pair Dman, it might be bottom 6 forward depth.

The Nichushkin situation will also be VERY interesting to follow. Most people have thrown around that he has negative value and that we'll need to pay or retain to get rid of him. It might end-up being the case. But we could also very well end-up getting assets back in return. Not full value. But it could be a better 3rd pair Dman, it could be good forward depth like a solid 4th line center, or it could be draft picks used to get acquire depth.

So much depends on what happens with Lando and Nichushkin.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
We acquired a 2nd round pick in 2025. It will be used to shore up areas of need at the deadline. It might be a 3rd pair Dman, it might be bottom 6 forward depth.
They might just use this pick, seems like the philosophy is to replenish the pipeline (as seen in the last 2 drafts).

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Man, it sounds like he's getting a grip on things, but that's really sad.

I was the black sheep of my family (as if y'all probably couldn't have guessed). Took the better part of two decades of hard work and futility but through it, my wife and mom developed a wonderful friendship and their determination to make my side of the family, a family again deserves all the credit for where we are today.

I have no idea what his background is, but I truly hope he has peace with it.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Must have been some SERIOUS family issues for him to miss almost 2 seasons because of it.

Then again, I remember reading during his draft year that some teams were concerned because his father was batshit psycho.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Must have been some SERIOUS family issues for him to miss almost 2 seasons because of it.

Then again, I remember reading during his draft year that some teams were concerned because his father was batshit psycho.
I mean... he completely cut ties with his family, nobody except a psychopath would be immune to all the emotions and trauma involved in that type of breakup.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Missing work for nearly 2 years during his prime because of a family situation, and then not talking to them anymore, it must be f***ing serious. He lost a shitload of money because of that.

Hope it's not another Jack Johnson situation

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
Didn’t expect any news, so I’m late seeing this, but it’s a good signing.

Solid floor, with top-4 upside in the Avs system.

I think they actually have to make a move to make the cap work, but I would think Girard would be on the table regardless.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Even not counting hits, it is just an easy thing to point to... Florida was one of the most physical teams in the league last year. They beat up and ground teams into a pulp. Forsling is closer to Manson in physicality than anybody else on the Avs... and he was their softest (and best) defensemen.

As we look across the league, Avs will be one of the 5 softest defenses. It may not be a big deal, especially in the regular season where you don't get matched up against a Vegas for a series. But they are quite soft. CDH is not anywhere near the realm of JMFJ, EJ, Englund, etc... he's not even in the Graves realm who is a bit soft himself.

FTR I don't think this will impact their effectiveness for the vast majority of the regular season. Playoffs it'll be about matchups... and the Avs will probably have to overpay for a physical RD.
The forward lineup also plays extremely soft.

When they won the cup Kadri and Landeskog gave a guy on each of the top two lines that would play a physical game and help put some wear and tear on the opposing D. And Lehkonen and Nuke can be exhausting to play against even if they don't look to lay out hits.

Nothing like that now. Tanev was hurt and looking over his shoulder constantly midway through the playoffs and would just throw the puck away.

Except when he saw it was the MacK or Mittelstadt lines out there. Then he would lol and hang onto the puck and make a good play since he knew he wasn't getting touched.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
The forward lineup also plays extremely soft.

When they won the cup Kadri and Landeskog gave a guy on each of the top two lines that would play a physical game and help put some wear and tear on the opposing D. And Lehkonen and Nuke can be exhausting to play against even if they don't look to lay out hits.

Nothing like that now. Tanev was hurt and looking over his shoulder constantly midway through the playoffs and would just throw the puck away.

Except when he saw it was the MacK or Mittelstadt lines out there. Then he would lol and hang onto the puck and make a good play since he knew he wasn't getting touched.

Plus we had Helm, Cogs and LOC, best 4th line in Avs history, hitting everyone that moved

Not to mention NAK would throw the body like he throws Stanley Cups

But yeah, now we're butter soft, and management knows it, which is why Duhaime and Trenin were brought in last deadline

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Missing work for nearly 2 years during his prime because of a family situation, and then not talking to them anymore, it must be f***ing serious. He lost a shitload of money because of that.

Hope it's not another Jack Johnson situation
If one of the comments on that Twitter thread has even an ounce of truth to it, it's way worse.

Honestly though it's Twitter/X, so take it with all the salt in the Atlantic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad