Confirmed with Link: Avs Sign Oliver Kylington to 1-Year Deal (1x$1.05)

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Delete. Delete. I eat meat.

Cmac 3rd year in a row with a steal UFA signing.
Too early to say steal... this could easily be a Tatar situation. Kylington didn't look good upon his return. This is a low dollar bet on a guy returning to form of a few seasons ago (which was his only really good season in the NHL). Still this is a shot worth taking.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Every time we sign a new LD people think G will be traded. I really don't think this guy is capable enough to play 20 minutes a night for us. Like TMV said, this probably just means that CDH or Toews had something explode.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I don't see them trading Girard and his cap hit this late in the offseason, plus his M-NTC kicked in a month ago.

Reactions: McMetal

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
this could easily be a Tatar situation. Kylington didn't look good upon his return.
Yep

It's a Swedish thing, I remember when Patrik Kjellberg played for the Ducks and couldn't understand why they kept calling him "Shellberg".
Your old ass should have learned that from earlier in your life with Kjell Samuelsson (I know because we're the same age)

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Kylington - Brännström would be an entertaining pairing, but Bednar likes to have a PK'er on the bottom pairing (DeHaan), and Kylington>Brännström, so this likely pushes Brännström down to 7D.

Toews - Makar
Girard - Manson
Kylington - DeHaan
Brännström

Then MacDonald, Malinski, Rosen, Behrens, etc as callup options. That's good depth numbers-wise, albeit a lot of smaller offensively-tilted guys rather than typical PKing depth guys.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Unbelievable pickup and a player I was hoping we’d grab from the start of the off-season. Kylington (pronounced Shillington) has missed time with mental health issues over the last two seasons, but if he can return to form he’s someone who could become a mainstay for us. There’s some risk on the player, but at the cap hit it’s a great bargain.

My hot take is that I think he could end up stealing a top 4 role with us and become a lite version or Toews.

• Wow
Reactions: Bensch88

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Kylington - Brännström would be an entertaining pairing, but Bednar likes to have a PK'er on the bottom pairing (DeHaan), and Kylington>Brännström, so this likely pushes Brännström down to 7D.

Toews - Makar
Girard - Manson
Kylington - DeHaan
Brännström

Then MacDonald, Malinski, Rosen, Behrens, etc as callup options. That's good depth numbers-wise, albeit a lot of smaller offensively-tilted guys rather than typical PKing depth guys.
Isn’t Branstrom better than DeHaan?

Reactions: Bender

Ad

Upcoming events

• France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,632.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Israel vs Italy
    Israel vs Italy