Confirmed with Link: Avs sign F Matthew Phillips to 1-year deal

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Great AHL signing, this guy racks up points in the A and is still relatively young so could be a potential AHL mainstay if he likes the Colorado River.

He probably sees some of the opening night injuries and feels he could have a chance to play on an electric offense. Probably his last kick at becoming a true NHL player, but I don’t foresee him becoming a mainstay for the Avs or any team.

Cool story is that he was originally drafted by Calgary and is a Calgary native. The Flames never really gave him a shot and in his second NHL game he played against the Flames. He went on to score his first NHL goal and getting his first NHL assist against the Flames in a 3-2 Caps win.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I'm fine with this as long as they don't use him to block a younger guy from an NHL opportunity.

I'm sick of these Megna type guys being call ups over Foudy, OO etc. At some point you got to start giving some shots to the guys you drafted who have performed well at the AHL level over some random journeyman.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I'm fine with this as long as they don't use him to block a younger guy from an NHL opportunity.

I'm sick of these Megna type guys being call ups over Foudy, OO etc. At some point you got to start giving some shots to the guys you drafted who have performed well at the AHL level over some random journeyman.

It ain't like either one of those guys has exactly been banging down the door to the NHL.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

If you're good enough to play, nobody will block you.

Players like Foudy and Olausson haven't done shit to warrant getting those shots. Force your way onto the team.

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
With the amount I’ve heard of this guy over the years, I’m surprised he has 1 career NHL goal

Reactions: dahrougem2

Snow Arc

Genetically engineered to want to be eaten
Aug 14, 2020
Finally, our Andre Burakovsky replacement!

GoNordiquesGo

Oct 1, 2016
Montreal, Quebec
Great AHL signing, this guy racks up points in the A and is still relatively young so could be a potential AHL mainstay if he likes the Colorado River.

He probably sees some of the opening night injuries and feels he could have a chance to play on an electric offense. Probably his last kick at becoming a true NHL player, but I don’t foresee him becoming a mainstay for the Avs or any team.

Cool story is that he was originally drafted by Calgary and is a Calgary native. The Flames never really gave him a shot and in his second NHL game he played against the Flames. He went on to score his first NHL goal and getting his first NHL assist against the Flames in a 3-2 Caps win.
Martin St-Louis II ?

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Can't get centers and RD's so we're piling up wingers and LD's.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad