AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) ‎ ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Read the Red Wings want to get Duchene?? Has this actually be reported or am I reading BS?

It would appear to be nothing more than fan-driven speculation (and quite bad ones, at that).

Plus, even if the Avs were to decide to trade Duchene, there are a multitude of other teams that could easily beat any Red Wings offer, and to add on top of that, I cannot see the Avs trading directly with Detroit (hell, they traded Quincey to TB who then flipped him to Detroit, instead of just doing the rarely-seen-but-not-impossible 3 Way Trade)

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
We need some actual news. If it's another week of nothing I might snap. I cannot speculate over any of this any longer. So much of it has to do with about 50 other things. So in the meantime I don't know what to do.

I've seen plenty of media with guys like Landeskog / Mackinnon on the golf course. Sakic was at his own fund raising event the other day, and was telling the radio just prior how little he plans to do.

So there's these things to quietly get excited about ;)

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Sakic (... ) was telling the radio just prior how little he plans to do.

What I'm expecting:

1) 2 years deal for Barrie @ 5M per (leading him straight to UFA)
2) Bridge deal for Mack
3) Resigning Matthias.
4) Acquiring an uninspiring vet dman via trade or free agency

We will start the year with Iggy and Rantanen on the top 6.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
I'm expecting radulov at 2*6, Matthias resigned, mack at 7*7, Barrie traded for the 4th overall and yak. And then skme subsequent trade or ufa signing to replace him.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
What I'm expecting:

1) 2 years deal for Barrie @ 5M per (leading him straight to UFA)
2) Bridge deal for Mack
3) Resigning Matthias.
4) Acquiring an uninspiring vet dman via trade or free agency

We will start the year with Iggy and Rantanen on the top 6.

Makes me a very sad panda, but some of that makes a lot of sense. Prefer though:
1) Trade Barrie for 4th Overall + Yakupov to Edmonton
2) Warmed to the idea of drafting Pierre-Luc Dubois
3) Bridge deal for Mackinnon
4) Re-sign Matthias
5) Trade Varlamov, Mitchell & Mcleod
6) Use above cap for Yandle + Radulov
7) Acquire cheap vet Goalie

Landeskog - Duchene - Yakupov
Dubois - Mackinnon - Radulov
Matthias - Soderberg - Rantanen
Comeau - Grigorenko - Iginla

Beauchemin - Johnson
Zadorov - Yandle
Holden - Gelinas

Pickard
J S Giguere (type)

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
I wonder if something like this could happen:

Barrie to Arizona for Stone+7th overall

7th overall+10th overall for Trouba+22nd overall+another pick.

So basically Barrie+10th for Trouba+Stone+22nd+something.

Beauchemin-EJ
Bigras-Trouba
Zadorov-Stone

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Re-reading through that Dang HF Avs mock offseason caused me to have this dream last night, I'm sure of it
1) Gave up on Radulov so they brought in Vrbata for 2 years
2) Varly (Angry about #1) traded with Grigorenko for #13 + McKeown
3) Barrie for Crouse + #23
4) Iginla for Wideman

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Holy crap have you guys seen any Winnipeg fans talking about Trouba to Colorado? We've seen our share of crazy Leaf fans and Sabre fans but delusional Winnipeg fans are some next level ****. I enjoy watching the jets and follow their team closely as I've grown an attachment to a lot of their players, but since we're in the same division as them I've never really read any of their fans talk about trades. I'm glad...

"Mackinnon+ for Trouba"
"Barrie + 10 for Trouba"
"Duchene + 10 for Trouba"

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Holy crap have you guys seen any Winnipeg fans talking about Trouba to Colorado? We've seen our share of crazy Leaf fans and Sabre fans but delusional Winnipeg fans are some next level ****. I enjoy watching the jets and follow their team closely as I've grown an attachment to a lot of their players, but since we're in the same division as them I've never really read any of their fans talk about trades. I'm glad...

"Mackinnon+ for Trouba"
"Barrie + 10 for Trouba"

I made the mistake of going to their board as well.....

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site

"Mackinnon+ for Trouba"
"Barrie + 10 for Trouba"

Y'all should know by now that to most other teams fans Avs players have no value and their players have max value. We went through this with Buffalo, Toronto, Edmonton, etc.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Holy crap have you guys seen any Winnipeg fans talking about Trouba to Colorado? We've seen our share of crazy Leaf fans and Sabre fans but delusional Winnipeg fans are some next level ****.

Fans will be fans. I'm pretty sure they think the same when they see stuff like this:

So basically Barrie+10th for Trouba+Stone+22nd+something.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Fans will be fans. I'm pretty sure they think the same when they see stuff like this:

Signed,

that one Jets fan who wouldn't lose his mind over a Barrie-Trouba swap.

(the guys over there just have very weird ways of saying "we really don't wanna trade Trouba")

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I'm sure most people could come around to seeing a swap is fair, but why the other side is just going to have to pony up. The Avs might feel more comfortable with a guy like Trouba, don't really understand the Jets side of it.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I'm sure most people could come around to seeing a swap is fair, but why the other side is just going to have to pony up. The Avs might feel more comfortable with a guy like Trouba, don't really understand the Jets side of it.

True. Doesn't make sense for the Jets to trade Trouba for financial reasons and then acquire Barrie who'll ask for at least as much money. Unless there's something else (off-ice) that we don't know.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008

How on earth is two top 10 picks for Trouba and a late first the equivalent of MacKinnon+ for Trouba?

It basically breaks down for the Avs to Trouba for Barrie, and the 10th overall for Stone, 22nd overall, and another pick. Which one of those is heavily in the Avs favor?

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
I think if we are trading Barrie, it needs to be done with the view to getting as much potential as possible, with as low a cap hit as possible. That's why a pick (high as possible) plus a project (and I know people are adverse to yet another project) like Yakupov would be insanely great for us.

Damn Stuart's & Iginla's contracts. You'd think for the long term betterment of the club, they'd agree to something that may give us the cap relief.

Imagine what we could have done this off season without those two lumbering contracts.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
There was a an article written on an SBNation sponsored website, Arctic Ice Hockey, that explored why Barrie might be desirable for the Jets. From what I remember, it boiled down to the PP points. After Byfuglien, the rest of the D-corps from Winnipeg didn't look so good, point-wise, on the PP. No doubt Barrie would help on that regard.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver

"Mackinnon+ for Trouba"
"Barrie + 10 for Trouba"

It's just the usual HF fan over-rating their player/prospect and severely under-rating the other teams players/prospects.

I'm guilty of this occasionally and I guarantee that at one point or another every single one of us has done the exact same thing.

I under-rated some Florida guys just last week, and then I had them tell me that Trocheck was about the same skill level and value as MacKinnon or Duchene. Which is obviously no where in the realm of reality at this point in time. It's just how HF works.

So I'm not going to rag Jets fans for having unrealistically high expectations regarding one of their better young guys. In real life a deal involving Duchene or MacK for Trouba is highly unlikely. If something can be worked out loosely around Barrie and Trouba then a deal could probably be made.

In all honesty a fair deal in my book would probably be Barrie for Trouba straight up. They are just different style players, but both are very solid at what they bring to the table. It's just what do you want more? A high offensive dman or a lesser offensive guy with a better defensive game? Both guys are looking to get paid so salaries aren't a huge concern. If anything the Avs should send a small plus just because Trouba can be team controlled for a longer period. Maybe something like a 3rd round pick or a mid level prospect. But other than that I'd say it's a pretty fair offer.

Last edited:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
That it definitely won't, however, it might show that it's not just my under-rating of Trouba that leads me to pick Seth over him without any question.

What have you done for me lately.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1860855&highlight=mackinnon+barkov

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=127239

So, this clearly means Monahan>Mack

But wait, it gets confusing.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=123601

Now it's not even close

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=131883

Then just for fun

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=122309

At least you didn't make a trade proposal.:P

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
It's almost criminal how far jones slid in the draft. It was almost a foregone conclusion that entire season he'd be in an AVS sweater if they won the lottery... Just think how much different the trajectory of this team might be if they had picked the hometown kiddo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad