Avs on break discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
What do you guys think will happen to the season? Losing the whole season and starting fresh would be traumatic.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
I'm not interested in your fancy math. I say we win!
To be fair, if you round the PPG to 1 decimal place, then its a tie-break between the Blues and Avs. At which point there needs to be a tiebreaker. You can choose for that tiebreaker to be "not being a shit team" in which case the Avs are runaway winners.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
Who’s down for vintage GDTs for old, classic Avs games?

We pick a day/time for the week. Post the link. We can all watch and comment throughout the game.

I dunno, I just don’t want to let you guys go. :oops:

If anyone knows how to watch HQ vids/streams of ‘96-‘01 playoff games in particular I would be eternally grateful.

Reactions: drhiii

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
What do you guys think will happen to the season? Losing the whole season and starting fresh would be traumatic.
I'd hope not. What's most traumatic would be all the money I'm losing out on in fantasy if it's cancelled. But people should see this as an opportunity more than anything. To realize there's more to life than hockey and spend their time focusing on what's in front of them

Reactions: xpatriatedtexan

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I'd hope not. What's most traumatic would be all the money I'm losing out on in fantasy if it's cancelled. But people should see this as an opportunity more than anything. To realize there's more to life than hockey and spend their time focusing on what's in front of them

Although to be fair, Avs fans have had long summers over the last decade to do just this.

Reactions: Newusername

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Does anybody know how to livestream on YouTube or similar platforms? Having the game played live and everyone following it at the same time would be cool.

cody275

Nov 14, 2008
Should be rather easy to do on Twitch if someone has a good enough internet/hardware situation, no?

@RoyIsALegend start mapping out the full game options.

:dumbo:

Pretty sure twitch would shut it down pretty quickly (as would most of the others). I'll try out a couple options that I've used in the past and see if I can figure out something that would work out. A lot of the optimal sites for watching stuff with other people has been shut down due to people using it for less goodhearted things than watching 20 year old hockey games.

If someone is available to potentially help me test some stuff if I need to see if sound and stuff is working, let me know. Would be a little odd to think a solution is set up and then have it only video :laugh:

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Pretty sure twitch would shut it down pretty quickly (as would most of the others). I'll try out a couple options that I've used in the past and see if I can figure out something that would work out. A lot of the optimal sites for watching stuff with other people has been shut down due to people using it for less goodhearted things than watching 20 year old hockey games.

If someone is available to potentially help me test some stuff if I need to see if sound and stuff is working, let me know. Would be a little odd to think a solution is set up and then have it only video :laugh:
Oh yeah.

cody275

Nov 14, 2008
Okay I have two ideas for how we can do it set up for now. I'll test them out later on and see how effective they both are. Worst case I'd definitely be able to go a bit more complex and actually just stream them as well. Trying to go as simple as possible for now and not use actual streaming software though.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I'll pull a dater and set up a shitty Periscope stream with my phone and have it buffer continuously.

Perfect. That will give it the feel of real Avs hockey.

Can you also sensationalize the commentary to provide ideal Dater effect.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
So we finish 3rd overall in the NHL. 31 teams. With this many injuries. :thumbu:
What a club, what a team, what absolute winners !!

Coming back: Makar (one game already), Wilson, Grubauer, Calvert, Burakovsky, Rantanen, Kadri, Mackinnon
8 players from a starting 20 (or 40%) of the team out ! Wow.

And apologies to the guys from The States about Tom Hanks, and his wife :help: Australia didn't mean it.

cody275

Nov 14, 2008
We should be good to go for watching the games. Just did some simple tests. Would depend on how many people potentially I guess, I do have a back up plan for that as well (but not sure if that platform has a cap on people too).

Not sure the ideal place to actually find the full versions of old games. If nobody has an idea for those, I can take a look for them on the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad