GDT: Avs @ Kraken - 10/22/2024 @ 6:30 PM MST (yet another emergency GDT)

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
Now that its over. Juice was fantastic tonight especially early when the Avs were being outplayed bad. He kept them in the game. Made some key stops, looked calm, controlled his rebounds well and it feels like maybe the guys in front arent playing as tense. This is a no brainer you go back to Juice.

Thats a solid road win as you can get imo. It was sloppy at times sure but the Avs have alot of stupid players so you have to expect it. Juice was great and the offense woke up enough to get a dub against a team the Avs have always had trouble playing.
Agree

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I honestly wasn’t expecting a win tonight. I certainly wasn’t the way the Avs started the game.

Avs finally woke up in the second but that first goal from Kiviranta was HUGE. He had a fantastic game tonight.

Apart from that goal I didn’t like MacKinnon tonight. Lazy defensively and made some insanely dumb turnovers in the offensive zone.

CDH in the most useless player on the roster. Doesn’t hit, doesn’t really block that many shots, doesn’t win puck battles, can’t secure the puck, turns the puck over when he DOES have it,

Manson wasn’t much better. He and de Haan actually ran into one another getting to a loose puck on that closing penalty kill. Also was just puck watching covering no one on the first Kraks goal.

In addition to Kiviranta I loved that fourth line. Exactly what you want out of a trio of grinders.

As for the Kraken, egads they’re awful to watch. They collapse more in the slot than they did under Hakstol. I’d say I absolutely hate watching this matchup but hey I don’t mind when they pan over to Jessica Campbell.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Pretty sure MacK was telling the linesman emphatically after the game that his blue line call on the EN goal was wrong. He said it twice.

I immediately called it off side. At full speed. But upon seeing the replay.... shown only once, Mikko did attempt to keep his trailing skate on the blue line paint. And the puck might have broken the plane of the defensive edge of the blue line at the same time as Rants skate.

MacKinnon thinks so and wasn't hesitant about telling the linesman.

I'd have to see a super slo mo frame by frame replay to know for certain but I will bet that MacKinnon did so and is royally PO.

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Pretty sure MacK was telling the linesman emphatically after the game that his blue line call on the EN goal was wrong. He said it twice.

I immediately called it off side. At full speed. But upon seeing the replay.... shown only once, Mikko did attempt to keep his trailing skate on the blue line paint. And the puck might have broken the plane of the defensive edge of the blue line at the same time as Rants skate.

MacKinnon thinks so and wasn't hesitant about telling the linesman.

I'd have to see a super slo mo frame by frame replay to know for certain but I will bet that MacKinnon did so and is royally PO.
They shouldn't be calling it offside when it's that close. If it was offside Seattle can challenge. Terrible decision by the on ice refs.

Also completely ridiculous for 96 to be anywhere close to offside on that particular play.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
What I liked best is that he really didn’t give up a ton of rebounds. So many scrambles start because it bounces off Georgiev’s glove or something, drives me nuts.
Yeah he gave us a NHL level performance something we rarely get from George.

It's sad that a ok performance makes us so happy.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I honestly wasn’t expecting a win tonight. I certainly wasn’t the way the Avs started the game.

Avs finally woke up in the second but that first goal from Kiviranta was HUGE. He had a fantastic game tonight.

Apart from that goal I didn’t like MacKinnon tonight. Lazy defensively and made some insanely dumb turnovers in the offensive zone.

CDH in the most useless player on the roster. Doesn’t hit, doesn’t really block that many shots, doesn’t win puck battles, can’t secure the puck, turns the puck over when he DOES have it,

Manson wasn’t much better. He and de Haan actually ran into one another getting to a loose puck on that closing penalty kill. Also was just puck watching covering no one on the first Kraks goal.

In addition to Kiviranta I loved that fourth line. Exactly what you want out of a trio of grinders.

As for the Kraken, egads they’re awful to watch. They collapse more in the slot than they did under Hakstol. I’d say I absolutely hate watching this matchup but hey I don’t mind when they pan over to Jessica Campbell.
Both De Hann and Girard moved up into the slot at the same time to try and recover the loose puck on the McCann goal. One of the two lost track of McCann behind them. Never let the opponent get between you and the goaltender.

I suspect both D were anticipating the Avs fwds recovering the puck and were looking to push up ice.

Whoops, guessed wrong.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Both De Hann and Girard moved up into the slot at the same time to try and recover the loose puck on the McCann goal. One of the two lost track of McCann behind them. Never let the opponent get between you and the goaltender.

I suspect both D were anticipating the Avs fwds recovering the puck and were looking to push up ice.

Whoops, guessed wrong.
Manson

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

Whoops, guessed wrong.
I want the stay at home guy to f***ing stay home for once.

And that was Manson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad