Avs Claim Marko Dano

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Good move, easily better than Dries/Bourque/Nieto(right now)/Kamenev(bottom 6 version) right now.

Welcome aboard.

Reactions: Pomee

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Didn't expect that. Yay?

So potential lines...

Landeskog-MacKinnon-Rantanen
Compher-Kerfoot-Wilson
Jost-Soderberg-Calvert
Nieto/Dano-Kamenev-Bourque/Dano

??

I think him and Kamenev could be good for each other.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pomee

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
Interesting, surprised they called up Dries then put in a claim on a player. With Ghetto skating and getting closer, I wonder if Dries goes back down or if Kamenev hasn't shown them enough.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
As I said the other day, he is a better player than Bourque, Nieto, Kamenev (currently at least), Dries, but I'm not sure he is a better fit.

OwenNolan

Jul 4, 2016
21 points in 35 games a few years ago with Columbus. Looks to have potential.

hold3n

Registered Loser
Jul 15, 2011
London, ON
Interesting, surprised they called up Dries then put in a claim on a player. With Ghetto skating and getting closer, I wonder if Dries goes back down or if Kamenev hasn't shown them enough.
They'll probably want Dano to get a couple practices in with the team to know what they have before putting him the lineup.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
21 points in 35 games a few years ago with Columbus. Looks to have potential.
Someone has to score on poor teams. That was more of a mirage than something that should be expected.

PS

A factoid that might be interesting only to me, he was born in Eisenstadt in Austria, a town where the majority of inhabitants originates from Croatia.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I loved Dano in his draft year. Solid talent that just hasn't established himself (or is a tweener). The question is has he not gotten a chance being on two deep teams, or is he just not good enough. I'd love to see him on a line next to Soda.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I quite like Dano and he provide us with some NHL depth we've been lacking in the early goings, but don't be too fooled by him. He's a hard worker, what I call reliable two-way ability, and is physically engaging. However, he tends to get lost on the ice at times and doesn't really have any amazing offencive ability - not really one standout quality. Should be given more of a chance with our club though.

Would like the lines to look like...

Landeskog - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Kerfoot - Jost - Andrighetto (Offencive zone draws)
Dano - Soderberg - Wilson (Defencive zone draws)
Calvert - Compher - Whoever

Reactions: Foppberg

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Someone has to score on poor teams. That was more of a mirage than something that should be expected.

PS

A factoid that might be interesting only to me, he was born in Eisenstadt in Austria, a town where the majority of inhabitants originates from Croatia.

I was gonna say. Definitely not an Austrian name.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I’m still so disappointed with the way his career has gone; but there was once a good top 6er there. Really hope he can finally put it all together for us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad