Confirmed with Link: Avs claim John Ludvig

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
meh, by all reports this WHO? had a terrible pre-season with the Pens, so I dont expect him to be any better than De Haan and the swedes. at this point, if you are willing to sign guys just for their physicality, do what I have been preaching for years and bring McIlrath. THAT is a real BAMF for your bottom pairing.

Ceremony

How I choose to feel is how I am
Jun 8, 2012
l.png

This is what happens when capfriendly goes down, we acquire players and don't even know who they are.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Nice little mix of something we don’t have a lot of. I like it even though I’d be lying if I said I knew much about him before the news broke.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Hey I got a waivers question - if a team put a guy on waivers today can the Avs make another claim tomorrow or are they at the bottom of the list or anything like that??

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Hey I got a waivers question - if a team put a guy on waivers today can the Avs make another claim tomorrow or are they at the bottom of the list or anything like that??
Avs can claim tomorrow but are at the back of the list.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
I'm fine with this, clearly everyone realizes that we actually need some meat down in the bottom since the Johnsons are gone

Brannstrom will spend the year in the AHL unless some poor sod claims him off waivers in a couple days.
Malinksi will play a good chunk of the season, but I'm worried that he's going to get exposed and burnt out again the more he plays.
CDH will battle Ludvig for that last spot, and both will be insufficient for playoff hockey, but will be fine for the regular season. Will need to upgrade at the deadline
Kylington is the only one I have slight hopes for. He will start the season down with Branny, but if he can get his head screwed back on straight, he can play on the bottom pair and be better than Malinski there. But that's a big what if.

Why we keep acquiring warty puck-movers is beyond me. They've been able to turn Graves, Englund and to a lesser extent, Burroughs into full-time NHLers and those guys are all more similar to Ludvig

Gumballhead

Nov 18, 2002
Chicago
scotchhorns.bandcamp.com
I know there's not a hive mind in here, more of a schizophrenic mind that shares a few common opinions, but it's funny how most of us recognized we are missing some beef back on D but when we do something about it that costs basically nothing -- gnashing of teeth? You know most of us don't know shit about that dude so I am waiting to see him play but he's the kind of dude we can use for a long season. Even a playoff scratch for Ludvig is a success if he helped out in rougher games during the season.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I know there's not a hive mind in here, more of a schizophrenic mind that shares a few common opinions, but it's funny how most of us recognized we are missing some beef back on D but when we do something about it that costs basically nothing -- gnashing of teeth? You know most of us don't know shit about that dude so I am waiting to see him play but he's the kind of dude we can use for a long season. Even a playoff scratch for Ludvig is a success if he helped out in rougher games during the season.
Is there much ‘gnashing of teeth’ even going on here? Seems most are ‘fine’ with it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad