Confirmed with Link: Avs claim G Kaapo Kähkönen off waiwers from WPG

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
It's actually hilarious how incompetent the Avs are with visa issues.

A guy who has played EXCLUSIVELY in the United States since coming over to the NHL aside from his brief camp stint in Winnipeg this year is having trouble getting to Denver because the Avs are pathetically slow.

I could get people from India here before the Avs. Okay, maybe not but I'd put in more of an effort!

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
With the way the team looks it actually might be better we don't play this guy before we absolutely break his confidence too.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
There is certainly a way since guys like Kakohnen are not that different than guys like Adin Hill or Joey Daccord or quite honestly quite a few 'journeymen goalies' who end up - at one point, in the right stop with the right opportunity and end up making the most of it.

Obviously, there is more of a likelihood that it won't work and that they'll need to explore the trade market but you can't absolutely rule it out either that he won't make the most of an excellent opportunity - probably the best he's had since he's been in the league.
To tell you the truth, I don't know if that bloke Kahkonen can be Avs savior.

Reactions: S E P H

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
It is a HIPAA violation to out me like this.
Hahahahahahahahaha, smooth response.

Where did you work that a guy was kept out of the lineup for 3-4 months because of a back injury!?
Hospital OR. The specific job was quite niche with a small team that had major implications on the functionality of the OR, which is why teamwork was so immense. Supposedly the dude did the job before and was bringing a "ton of experience" as my bosses described, but one of my bosses was sort of a weirdo. Not a sociopath type of weird, but he would invite women on the team and just talk to them for hours about his thoughts concerning his leadership style. Yes, true story and yes that specific of a topic.

Reactions: Pokecheque

MonsterMack

He did the Mack, He did the monster Mack
Aug 28, 2013
Arvada, CO
This is the hockey equivalent to me in the checkout line at Walgreens. No matter what, anytime I'm in a hurry, there's always some old fart in front of me bitching about the price of some random item that holds everyone up.
When I go to (insert your food place of choice) during non busy hours and there is one person in front of me. I'll be out in a minute I think. Nope, they are ordering for a f***ing village.

Reactions: Pokecheque

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
When I go to (insert your food place of choice) during non busy hours and there is one person in front of me. I'll be out in a minute I think. Nope, they are ordering for a f***ing village.
Make that Jersey Mike’s too. Had the whole Pepperdine Water Polo team order in front of me yesterday. That it was just a guy… not a coach who ordered 6 large bags worth of sandwiches. :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: MonsterMack

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Make that Jersey Mike’s too. Had the whole Pepperdine Water Polo team order in front of me yesterday. That it was just a guy… not a coach who ordered 6 large bags worth of sandwiches. :laugh:

I bet you waited because their subs are worth it. I would have walked out of a Subway lol.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
This is the hockey equivalent to me in the checkout line at Walgreens. No matter what, anytime I'm in a hurry, there's always some old fart in front of me bitching about the price of some random item that holds everyone up.
Worst part is when you have to choose a line and you pick the wrong one.

Grocery store next to where I live I recognize the cashiers and I know which ones are slow to scan your stuff, are overly chatty, etc.

So when I get there I carefully pick my line according to several factors: cashier, number of people in line, number of items in their carts, type of customers…

You’d think that it would help me but no, doesn’t work. I always end up in the slowest line anyway.

Last edited:

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Worst part is when you have to choose a line and you pick the wrong one.

Grocery store next to where I live I recognize the cashiers and I know which ones are slow to scan your stuff, are overly chatty, etc.

So when I get there I carefully pick my line according to several factors: cashier, number of people in line, type of customers…You’d think that it would help me but no, doesn’t work. I always end up in the slower line anyway.
I feel you brother, my superpower is picking the wrong line at the grocery store. Same with driving in traffic - I always pick the lane that grinds to a halt whilst everyone else blasts past me.

Reactions: Balthazar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad