Confirmed with Link: Avs claim G Kaapo Kähkönen off waiwers from WPG

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
I have a hard time seeing them waive Georgiev after 1 game, when they could have had the whole off-season to find a replacement for him.

I wouldn't mind it though.
For sure, I don't think that's realistic at all. But if they do roll with three goalies while they still have cap space from Landy's LTIR and Nuke's suspension, if Georgiev is the odd goalie out at the end of that period, they can become compliant just by putting him in the AHL (while they look for a trade partner to remove the rest of the cap if needed at the TDL).

Reactions: Vk1ing

Bensch88

Jan 15, 2012
Germany
Good to hear that, maybe this is the begining of the end of 5giev. At least they are trying to do something, do you guys think he will start against Columbus? That would be another (deserved) message for Georgiev.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
I think George is gone soon. I don’t see this motivating him. He’ll get moved for nothing and the Avs will save space for a bigger move further down the line.

Annunen isn’t the answer but it’s obvious they’ll get in a hole with George starting.

Time to start trying to fix a problem they haven’t addressed for a full season and off-season. His time is up. It’s not rash, it’s overdue. It may not work, but Atleast they’re trying

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
Hopefully the end of George. I hate his attitude and his net presence too. Worst goalie we have had IMO.
imo the worst goalie Colorado has had was Brian Elliott. That guy stunk out loud, then had the audacity to have one of the best goaltending seasons in NHL history the next year

Ceremony

How I choose to feel is how I am
Jun 8, 2012
imo the worst goalie Colorado has had was Brian Elliott. That guy stunk out loud, then had the audacity to have one of the best goaltending seasons in NHL history the next year
The worst part about Elliott was his mask

1728674081119.png

Imagine the bare-faced cheek to turn up at an NHL game in that

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Will be interesting to see what they do next. Roll with three goaltenders? Waive Georgie? Have a trade lined up to move him? Trade Justus? Not sure.
All George has to do is miss a meeting and then we can pay him his money and terminate his contract and we get rid of the cap hit.

This is again a very special circumstance.

• Haha

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Looks like the plan is to carry three goalies as the addition of Kahkonen still keeps the roster at the 23 man limit, as shown below.

Capspace isn't an issue at all either due to the large LTIR relief.

IMG_20241011_201224.jpg

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Food for thought. Liljegren wants out of Toronto and Woll seems to be injured. Avs have a shaky 3rd pair and three goaltenders...

Leafs have Woll, Stolarz, Hildeby(incredible in preseason), and Murray.

Last thing they want is another goaltender.

I think George is gone soon. I don’t see this motivating him. He’ll get moved for nothing and the Avs will save space for a bigger move further down the line.

Annunen isn’t the answer but it’s obvious they’ll get in a hole with George starting.

Time to start trying to fix a problem they haven’t addressed for a full season and off-season. His time is up. It’s not rash, it’s overdue. It may not work, but Atleast they’re trying

Save space?

You’re assuming a team takes Georgiev at full cap hit without giving us a cap dump back.

Bold prediction.

mackinnon29

Nov 24, 2017
At this point I’m just happy there at least looking at another goalie, it’s been long overdue and just a different look/ fresh face could do a world of difference. Someone at .900 or .905 will win a bunch of games for the Avs, .88 and .89 just ain’t gonna cut it anymore

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad