GDT: Avs at Hockey Club - October 5, 2024 at 5pm MT (Final preseason game)

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
It's been real bad and I know pre-season doesn't mean anything but this team is stale.

Like my bread, and my 2% milk
I was trying to say this in another thread, but I just think the Avs need a new look. We need to be able to beat teams with more than one line.

Bednar really needs to get Mikko and Mitts together and tell them, the second line is yours, make it work. Put the pressure on Mikko and see how he responds. He takes it well and it works, and you give him that big fat juicy deal during the season to keep him happy and you go with it. If he doesn't...maybe that alters the math, maybe it doesn't. But we've got to eventually get consistent offense coming from more than just the top unit.

Reactions: Metallo

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
I was trying to say this in another thread, but I just think the Avs need a new look. We need to be able to beat teams with more than one line.

Bednar really needs to get Mikko and Mitts together and tell them, the second line is yours, make it work. Put the pressure on Mikko and see how he responds. He takes it well and it works, and you give him that big fat juicy deal during the season to keep him happy and you go with it. If he doesn't...maybe that alters the math, maybe it doesn't. But we've got to eventually get consistent offense coming from more than just the top unit.
Stop making sense, this is not how the Avs operate.

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
It's been real bad and I know pre-season doesn't mean anything but this team is stale.
I was thinking about this the other day, and I kinda agree.

The problem seems 2 fold to me.

1. Other teams know how the Avs play to a T. Bednars been with us for what? 8 years? He's an amazing coach, but he's been here a loooong time. The Avs only know 1 way to create offense, with a high tempo, high skill, off the rush type of game. If teams take that away they get frustrated really quick.

2. The players themselves seem somewhat bored and/or complacent with the same style/coach. Especially the guys who have been with Bednar a long time like Mack/Rants, Makar, Toews, Girard, etc. Its like the go thru the motions a little bit.

I dunno I hope Bednar does some tweaks this year to the overall game play and lines as well. We have become a bit stale/predictable imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad