Post-Game Talk: Avs 5 - Jets 1, Avs lead series 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I think I'd like to see Brossoit start the next game. Right now, I think Helle's confidence is shot, and sitting at a very low point. What do other posters think about this ??

Do or Die

Jun 28, 2011
Gin has worn off......and am still irate.

This Jets team, that garnered 108 pts, allowing the least goals in the NHL.....while emphasizing "the system" "doing things the right way" "discipline" etc, etc.......has so far, looked like a total clown show, out there....

Outshot, outskated, outhustled and outwitted.

Special teams have been a disaster.......especially the PK (AKA 4 guys standing around). Colorado made some adjustments, and have taken a couple of steps forward, while the Jets have taken a bunch of steps back.... while falling onto their bellies. No adjustments in sight, anywhere.

Unaceptable on all levels.

One would hope that facing elimination, in front of the home crowd.....Jets will show some pride and guts and not fold up and go quietly into the night, yet again.

Some teams have come back down 3-1. This squad, up to now.....sure doesn't look like one of them.

Back to my regularly scheduled gin.....

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Nope it started with Maurice, then Lowry and now Bones. The constants are Scheifele, Ehlers and Connor. Softer than scotties tissue.
not built for plsyoffs along with the smallish defence.
As much as I hate to admit it, there;s a lot of truth to this post. Maybe one of the "softies" should be traded ??

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Gin has worn off......and am still irate.

This Jets team, that garnered 108 pts, allowing the least goals in the NHL.....while emphasizing "the system" "doing things the right way" "discipline" etc, etc.......has so far, looked like a total clown show, out there....

Outshot, outskated, outhustled and outwitted.

Special teams have been a disaster.......especially the PK (AKA 4 guys standing around). Colorado made some adjustments, and have taken a couple of steps forward, while the Jets have taken a bunch of steps back.... while falling onto their bellies. No adjustments in sight, anywhere.

Unaceptable on all levels.

One would hope that facing elimination, in front of the home crowd.....Jets will show some pride and guts and not fold up and go quietly into the night, yet again.

Some teams have come back down 3-1. This squad, up to now.....sure doesn't look like one of them.

Back to my regularly scheduled gin.....
Great post, and this post should be read aloud in the Jets dressing room, to all the players, before the next game. Go out and play with some guts and passion in this next game.

I admire you for self medicating with the Gin, at least you know when your mind and spirit need attention.It works well.:nod:

Reactions: Luc Labelle

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
2024 Playoff teams playing with players 2000 born or later in their lineup. They aren't afraid to play young players or insert them in the lineup. They are happy to live with mistakes (all players make them) to get younger and better. Three of the very best teams in the league have 4 or more players that young playing every day.

Washington - McMichael, Lapierre
Edmonton - Holloway
Dallas - Harley, Stankoven, Johnston, Dellandrea, Lundkvist
LA - Byfield, Laferierre, Spence
NYR - Cuylle, Lafreniere, Kakko, Schneider, Rempe
Carolina - Svechnikov, Jarvis, Drury, Kotkaniemi

Toronto - Robertson, Knies
Florida - Lundell
Nashville - Evangelista, Stastney
Colorado - Middelstadt
Boston - Beecher
Vancouver - Hoglander

Winnipeg.- Gus

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
I think I'd like to see Brossoit start the next game. Right now, I think Helle's confidence is shot, and sitting at a very low point. What do other posters think about this ??
I don’t think that’s a good idea Hellebuyck is not the problem.
They were in both games in Colorado but it was the PK that sank the Jets. The Jets are just not good enough to beat 2 teams at once. Yes the refs are part of the game and the calls will go against you in some games and you have to be able to handle it.
I just find it weird the game is close going into the second half and then the refs start calling penalties but some how miss calls like a stick to the face on Monahan.
Once the game is out of hand they start evening up the penalties.

Reactions: Luc Labelle and GNP

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
their coach made adjustments and they seem to be paying off, while our coach is saying stick to the system instead of trying to make different adjustments himself
The Jets aren't playing their system though.

The huge difference is macK gets the puck and makes something happen - they have three guys that command possession and drive play.

Scheif barely carries the puck- he chips it and then breaks out looking for a pass... Connor forechecks but only as a fly-by... only jomo carried it and he was trapped as shutdown on makar.

Jets got smashed because scheif is a 70pt 2C and macK is elite - it showed - then scheif gets frustrated and sulks instead of elevating his play... then blames the coach

They play pionk like a 2C when's he's a 3rd pairing and so they have no option other than to use jomo as our shutdown guy because pionk falls apart - then we keep believing he will provide offense someday and he doesn't

There's other problems but those are the core issues.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Here's a strategy get defensemen who can carry the puck out of the DZ and who can protected the crease.
Does Mackinnon have to play defense?
Not really .. he was on the ice for the Schmidt goal right?
If Scheifele or Connor even Ehlers were on a team with good defensemen I guarantee you all 3 of them would have more points.

Ville can do that but got injured at an inopertune time. They should have given him a look the back half of the year.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011

.870, .871, .872. Through three games, see Helly getting better, maybe .873 Sunday!

Hell no, .867 Sunday, how low can he go, but according to some he’s playing swell!

Stupid was not giving Brossoit a start after 3 miserable outings by non- playoff goalie Helly!

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Too late already, Brossoit should have got the start after Helly shat the blue paint three games in a row!

Now looks like Helly a real non-playoff netminder!

We saw how good Bro was in net during the PO’s last season with Vegas which seems lost on this coaching staff and some guys in here with their heads buried in sand!

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg

.870, .871, .872. Through three games, see Helly getting better, maybe .873 Sunday!

Hell no, .867 Sunday, how low can he go, but according to some he’s playing swell!

Stupid was not giving Brossoit a start after 3 miserable outings by non- playoff goalie Helly!
Although Helle claims he wants to win the Cup, he sure isn't showing any leadership. His playoff performances have been dismal, as Sip points out here, so you have to look at starting Brossoit in the next game IMO.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
The Jets aren't playing their system though.

The huge difference is macK gets the puck and makes something happen - they have three guys that command possession and drive play.

Scheif barely carries the puck- he chips it and then breaks out looking for a pass... Connor forechecks but only as a fly-by... only jomo carried it and he was trapped as shutdown on makar.

Jets got smashed because scheif is a 70pt 2C and macK is elite - it showed - then scheif gets frustrated and sulks instead of elevating his play... then blames the coach

They play pionk like a 2C when's he's a 3rd pairing and so they have no option other than to use jomo as our shutdown guy because pionk falls apart - then we keep believing he will provide offense someday and he doesn't

There's other problems but those are the core issues.
or we are trying to play our system but their coach saw our regular season success vs them and actually did his job and made adjustments for his team to take advantage while our coach said he would rather lose then change the way he coaches, mack being better than scheifele doesn't explain why every single line is getting owned when we should be having the advantage...

pretty sure the top line has actually been positive in expected goals in 2 of the 4 games as well...

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Ville can do that but got injured at an inopertune time. They should have given him a look the back half of the year.
Yup totally agree but I think they wanted the moose in the playoffs and the Jets higher in the standings instead of getting ready for the NHL playoffs.
I think the Avs played the Jets and let them get high on that 7-0 win.

Reactions: sipowicz

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
All I can say with my last comment, is if the Jets can somehow win the next game, it could turn this series around. Thats's a BIG IF tho. Because Names looks hurt bad, I think they should insert Chibrikov and Lambert in the lineup for the next game. What do you have to lose ??

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
or we are trying to play our system but their coach saw our regular season success vs them and actually did his job and made adjustments for his team to take advantage while our coach said he would rather lose then change the way he coaches, mack being better than scheifele doesn't explain why every single line is getting owned when we should be having the advantage...

Also it is actually more their depth dominating our team then it is Mack. We have actually have done a decent job keeping him off the scoreboard 5 on 5. Which just goes to show you how important adjustments are. Middelstat is eating whoever he's out against alive as is their bottom 6.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Bednar used bones system... 2-1-2 with hard forecheck and reliable puck support for any av with the puck or fighting for the puck. Engage the D with solid forward support and a consistent belief that someone is covering for you. Shoot shoot shoot and get guys to the front of the net. It's not rocket science.

Pionk crumbled under pressure, our top line started stick checking, the second line didn't have speed/ehler confidence is shot and the Lowry line was overplayed to match macK...

They played bones system for 10 mins a game... then the forwards start cheating.

Last game avs had all five guys racing back to load the slot in front of georgiev even after a big lead.. jets forwards still a step behind on the backcheck for 90% of the series

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

Zippity

Feb 3, 2013
Surely there is another Jet/ moose alumni around that would want a HC position next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad