Post-Game Talk: Avs 5 - Jets 1, Avs lead series 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
It's sad that the Jets have yet to show up in this series, I wonder if they look in the mirror and say we gave it our all. We have vastly overrated the players on this team not one of our top line players would play on any real SC contenders top line and that needs to change in the coming years.

Reactions: GNP and hockeyarena

Orrrules

Mar 6, 2021
I think Scheif is right. Our coaching staff hasn’t made any changes.

Bernard after game 1 right away started to collapse his defence to help Georgiev out.

They haven’t made adjustments cause they don’t need to - their current game plan defensively plus forecheck plus offensive play is all working
What we have here is failure to communicate

Reactions: roccerfeller

Andy6

Court Jetster
Jun 3, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
A professional sports team won't throw in the towel like that.
It's not as though they couldn't ever win 3 in a row against the Avalanche. Up to a week ago, they'd won 4 in a row this season. Even in this series, they've been ahead or tied in every game at least until the midpoint. I'm willing to wait one more game and after they win it, thanks to the Perfetti hat trick, to reassess the situation then.

Where's the positivity thread when we need it. :pcheer:

GPB

Dec 15, 2015
Was anyone actually expecting anything different ? The bottom half of the roster is too slow and the top half is too soft and not willing to pay the price to win in the playoffs. How is this any different than previous seasons ?

Reactions: WaveRaven

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Even that guy from the Green Mile couldn't breathe life into the Jets right now.
giphy.gif

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
I was trying to figure out if the Avs are next level elite or if the jets are playing way below their potential. Unfortunately it is both.

Reactions: GNP

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
It's not as though they couldn't ever win 3 in a row against the Avalanche. Up to a week ago, they'd won 4 in a row this season. Even in this series, they've been ahead or tied in every game at least until the midpoint. I'm willing to wait one more game and after they win it, thanks to the Perfetti hat trick, to reassess the situation then.

Where's the positivity thread when we need it. :pcheer:

Positivity:
- Jets were better than what people felt before the season (“surefire miss playoffs/wild card bubble team”)

- Gabe has been a great addition

- Hellebuyck a Vezina contender

- much better defensive structure vs last year

Unfortunately Needle moved barely by a hair

We r a regular season team and nothing more

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
I'm healthy with a thriving business and a hot girlfriend.

I have no reason to let my team bring me down.

There's no dishonor in losing to a better team.

I rarely post after a lost. The main reason was it would effect me where I got grumpy and my then girlfriend (now my wife) got tired of it. It use to ruin my night.

I get it, you spend 3 hours watching with no pay off in the end.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Awful penalty kill and power play all year. Huge regression in defensive commitment since the all star break. All major warning signs that we were told were being overblown.

Are we good to panic now or should we wait until we fail to show up on Tuesday? Inquiring Chicken Littles want to know.
I just realized that you were the guy who got cussed out in the PGT of game 1 for saying the Jets may not win this series if they keep playing like this....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad