Post-Game Talk: Avs 5 - Jets 1, Avs lead series 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
They need more than speed, they don't clear the front of the net, lost most of the board battles and 50/50 pucks, don't block a lot of shots, just not built for the playoffs.
Yup, board battles and 50/50 pucks not even close. Even losing position when we have it by getting out battled. Not moving our feet very well either. The laundry list of issues is quite big.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I was one that was high on Monahan, but now seeing he has no heart and passion in the big games, I'm not sure if it be wise to sign him. I was never high on Toffoli, as he's far too slow, and plays with no heart -- let him walk, and definitely do not resign him.

What the hell is wrong with Bowness's head ? why would he play AJF, and not play Perfetti, who played great his last 6-8 games. I think it's time for Bowness to go -- he's going on 72 yrs old.

I think we need a good young Coach, definitely not Arniel, and then what do you do with guys like Villardi ? who have been invisible in this series ? as well as other guys. Big, and right decisions have to made with this hockey club.
72 years old?
Still pulling numbers and stats out of your ass.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Both games in Colorado the Jets were in it until the penalties killed them. Yes they were outplayed in stretches but still in the game after they tied the game today they were outplaying the Avs.
Then the penalties happened and we saw how pathetic the PK truly is … the whole season they never fixed.

objectiveposter

Jan 29, 2011
No pushback
No coaching adjustments
No heart
No grit
No fight

Typical Jets playoff hockey once the team faces adversity. Morrissey and Lowry are the only 2 players on the entire freaking team that are built for playoff hockey. Rest if the roster is either weak on the puck or weak in the mind. Chevy has no clue how to build a playoff team....he is too obsessed with regular season analytics. Fans have been saying for years that Stanley is simply not good enough if you are serious about winning a cup. Year after year he keeps bringing him back and he goes out there and takes 2 stupid penalties when it was clear that you cant give the Avs powerplay chances. I dont know if Perfetti is built for playoff hockey either....but what the hell is the point of drafting and developing him if you arent even going to give him an opportunity to prove himself....instead they keep calling up AHL scrubs as if thats the big adjustment to counter the Avs.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
"Stop questioning the coach, what are your hockey qualifications?"

"Stop being negative"

Anyone who has been paying attention since the ASB could see that this was well within the realm of possibilities. For me I am not even that mad about this unlike past exits as I had come to terms with a quick 1st round exit in my head since that last Nashville game- to which the coach responded by making all the wrong moves- benching the wrong player, reuniting the wrong failed line, doubling down on the wrong 3rd pairing d-man and promoting a guy who had been struggling the most to the top pairing (this last one may have happened +/- one game).
Do you honestly think this is a personel/usage issue? You probably do. It's the simplest answer, but it's not the right one

The team has played like shit. It doesn't matter who is in your line up on or who is on the first or the second line if the team won't execute

Assuming perfetti would do any better than ant other player on the ice is a cute idea. But it's also possible he could be worse than what out there. We won't know until it's tried

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I am wondering if we can sign Harrison Blaisdell and slot him in at 1C next game.

He might be more built for playoff hockey

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
No pushback
No coaching adjustments
No heart
No grit
No fight

Typical Jets playoff hockey once the team faces adversity. Morrissey and Lowry are the only 2 players on the entire freaking team that are built for playoff hockey. Rest if the roster is either weak on the puck or weak in the mind. Chevy has no clue how to build a playoff team....he is too obsessed with regular season analytics. Fans have been saying for years that Stanley is simply not good enough if you are serious about winning a cup. Year after year he keeps bringing him back and he goes out there and takes 2 stupid penalties when it was clear that you cant give the Avs powerplay chances. I dont know if Perfetti is built for playoff hockey either....but what the hell is the point of drafting and developing him if you arent even going to give him an opportunity to prove himself....instead they keep calling up AHL scrubs as if thats the big adjustment to counter the Avs.
I was looking forward to what the objective poster had to say, as he's been as absent lately as the Jets star players. Pretty much a right on post here, and the Jets need to makes changes, or all they will be is a decent regular season game, but when the big games come, and the chips are on the table, this team disappears.

jetter17

Jan 22, 2024
Manitoba
Crazy thought but why not bring in some of their young prospects from the Moose/ Perfetti and let them play game 5. See what kind of character is in the pipeline

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Listen, win game 5 big and it's a new series. 3-1 isn't 3-0 there is actually a chance if they show up.
Yeah, it's a great thought, but if the Jets win 1 more game ( next one) I'd be happy, at least they would go down with some pride. The way their playing right now, it would be an absolute miracle for them to win this series.

MarkWheeler

Dec 16, 2018
I can’t wait for the off-season. First will be the end of season presser with Chevy where he blabbers on and on like a politician dodging any questions with any substance. Hopefully we can hear about how successful with whiteouts were.
Brossoit probebly walks in the off season (don’t blame him one bit), we sign the worst available backup goalie, and we’re stuck with another year of hearing about how great hellebuyck is all season.
sign a few 4th liners, try to play them as second liners, and completely ignore our total lack of defence.
Even if Bowness get shown the door, or decides he’s had enough, it’s just going to be Arniel anyways, because apparently having Winnipeg connections is more important than looking for a good coach. It would be nice if this organization did something for once in their lives that wasn’t just taking the safe route. Too scared to even pull the goalie until it’s way too late because why? Scared of hurting his feelings? Chipman and Chevy meddling too much in hockey ops?
But raally though, what’s the point, even if they make the playoffs next year who can honestly get excited about that when this group has proven time and time again that they cannot get it done when it matters.
The stink starts from the top down, and I don’t know if it’s Chevy or Chipman, but this isn’t the group to lead us anywhere. Another potential good season wasted away in pathetic fashion. Kudos Chevy, Kudos.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
I was looking forward to what the objective poster had to say, as he's been as absent lately as the Jets star players. Pretty much a right on post here, and the Jets need to makes changes, or all they will be is a decent regular season game, but when the big games come, and the chips are on the table, this team disappears.
Toughness that’s what is missing on this Jets team.
I don’t mean get a bunch a goons just need a top defenceman like Buff and one tough forward in your top six.

Reactions: Shaundogg and GNP

jungles

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
I hope Bowness shows the team the film and highlights every single puck battle Toffoli watched himself lose, and then benches him right in the meeting to send a message.

Reactions: Cotton Eye Joe

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
Can't think of many teams that can come back 3-1 against this Avs team. We haven't shown that we have what it takes. The metrics are absoutely horrendous.

This Avs team is composed mostly of Stanley Cup vets who won the cup two years ago. How many rings on that roster? 20+? They know what it takes to go all the way and win four series to be champions. Who do we have on our team with that pedigree. Broissoit? Might as well start him at this point.

Reactions: rkp and hockeyarena

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
I can’t wait for the off-season. First will be the end of season presser with Chevy where he blabbers on and on like a politician dodging any questions with any substance. Hopefully we can hear about how successful with whiteouts were.
Brossoit probebly walks in the off season (don’t blame him one bit), we sign the worst available backup goalie, and we’re stuck with another year of hearing about how great hellebuyck is all season.
sign a few 4th liners, try to play them as second liners, and completely ignore our total lack of defence.
Even if Bowness get shown the door, or decides he’s had enough, it’s just going to be Arniel anyways, because apparently having Winnipeg connections is more important than looking for a good coach. It would be nice if this organization did something for once in their lives that wasn’t just taking the safe route. Too scared to even pull the goalie until it’s way too late because why? Scared of hurting his feelings? Chipman and Chevy meddling too much in hockey ops?
But raally though, what’s the point, even if they make the playoffs next year who can honestly get excited about that when this group has proven time and time again that they cannot get it done when it matters.
The stink starts from the top down, and I don’t know if it’s Chevy or Chipman, but this isn’t the group to lead us anywhere. Another potential good season wasted away in pathetic fashion. Kudos Chevy, Kudos.
If Chevy was a GM in the States he would have no problems signing FAs to fill his roster unfortunately he’s the GM for a small market team in Canada where you can’t get any top 6 player without over paying and screwing up your salary cap like the Leafs.
Start drafting tough Canadian kids

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I wouldn't be near as pissed off if we lost but every single player on the Jets worked their ass's off every single shift. It sometimes looked like they were going half out like they had given up and that is infuriating to me.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Crazy thought but why not bring in some of their young prospects from the Moose/ Perfetti and let them play game 5. See what kind of character is in the pipeline

A professional sports team won't throw in the towel like that.

Reactions: surixon

jungles

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
Oh man I just remembered Bones post game after game 1 getting Lowry to put the "first" puck of 16 into their little win meter. I almost feel bad for them.

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
Well, if we weren’t going to sell out a playoff game, next one would likely be the one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad