Post-Game Talk: Avs 5 - Jets 1, Avs lead series 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aries56

Jan 10, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Like I said in the game day thread, pretty sure this is what you get when your team is coached to be defense first, offense stifling but doesn't have the talent to contain a fast, high energy team amped up by the playoffs.

They tried to be what Vegas was in previous years playoffs, but they don't have the same talent on the back end.

What we're seeing is when your defense fails in that scheme, your offense isn't coached to play high scoring, high tempo hockey so now your defense failed, you're down a few goals and your offense isn't as dynamic as they need to be to make a come back. All year they've been hounded to play defense first, safe hockey, so they're not that crisp passing, fast moving offensive team they would need to be to rebound.

New coach please. Even though they had a good record, this type of hockey has been miserable to watch. That, or find some big defensive studs that can still move the puck well.

Reactions: Keystone

Andreas Ferrari

Dale is the GOAT!!!
Apr 4, 2015
WinnerPeg
I still can't believe Rick Bowness didn't start Brossoit.

Rick Bowness: "Well Hellebuyck has been allowing 5 goals a game. Maybe he'll only allow 4 goals this time."

Now it's too late.

Reactions: DrChar

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
We have to look more closely, at the overall speed of this roster. Some changes and young legs need to be added.....
I know of some young legs that scored 19g and 19a well playing half the year on the 4 th line sitting in the press box. He also was our best player on the ice the last few games of the season. But nope, ol dinosaur Bones puts in AJF and play him 7 minutes ffs

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Will the Jets be one and done the next game, or will they stay alive to play another day? After watching the pushback in this game, I think we're done. Hope Names is okay. I did not see what happened as I was busy with the Prediction Contest, but from the reaction of the crowd and HFJets, it was pretty bad. Nice to see Brossoit get some playing time and hope he starts on Tuesday. Can't hurt. I give this game one Bigfoot out of five...

giphy.gif

The Prediction Contest for Game Five has been posted for your guesses. We have a new leader, so check it out! Thanks again @Conflicted Habs fan for the terrific GDT, just wish the Jets would have put in as much effort as you did, maybe they would have won. The game on Tuesday is looking for a volunteer to make the GDT. Anyone? Anyone?

giphy.gif

See you then! Good night. I think I'm going to have nightmares...

giphy.gif

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I still can't believe Rick Bowness didn't start Brossoit.

Rick Bowness: "Well Hellebuyck has been allowing 5 goals a game. Maybe he'll only allow 4 goals this time."

Now it's too late.

The guy called up an AHLer they didn't mind losing to waivers earlier to put in place of a 19 goal scorer because (according to the media) his PK ability, then proceeded to not play him on the PK.

Let's start with everything else this clown has f***ed up before we cry about the goalie not stopping the shooting gallery.

Last edited:

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Chevy hasn’t addressed that defense core for years.

It’s constantly exposed this time of year. They needed Tanev or Walker.

It’s so odd how Chevy has a job for life without any accountability.

Yeah right, Chipman cleaning house.
He’s more likely to extend everyone

The problem with this team. It’s a country club for coaches or management.

Reactions: Cypruss

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
I can't believe some wanted to give Toffoli and Monahan term and dollar deals .
Monahan maybe with better linemates but TooSofti not a chance. Ultimately it's not going to matter. I could live another hundred years and the FRAUDS will be no closer to winning a Cup.
In true LoserPeg fashion Arniel will be HC next season and nothing will change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad