Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Me in my home office right now...

sad cat.gif

jungles

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
Awful penalty kill and power play all year. Huge regression in defensive commitment since the all star break. All major warning signs that we were told were being overblown.

Are we good to panic now or should we wait until we fail to show up on Tuesday? Inquiring Chicken Littles want to know.

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
We're one loss away from the fifth time the Jets have been eliminated by losing four straight (Anaheim sweep, Vegas 4-1, Montreal sweep, Vegas 4-1 to date).

When the wheels fall off this team, they really fall off. At least every game against Anaheim was competitive, and that team had way less talent than this one. I don't get it.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Awful penalty kill and power play all year. Huge regression in defensive commitment since the all star break. All major warning signs that we were told were being overblown.

Are we good to panic now or should we wait until we fail to show up on Tuesday? Inquiring Chicken Littles want to know.
We all saw it happening. Some people don’t like focusing on it and I understand that. But this doesn’t come as a surprise to very many people.

Ponds

ꮯꭺꭲꭺꮯꮮꭹꮪꮇ!
Nov 2, 2023
Anacita
At a loss.

I'll always be one to dream big, so it pains me to say the dream has dissipated for another year. Fantasies of celebrating a Cup on Portage and Main forgotten once more. The boy's don't have it.

Refs were highly suspect again but their job was made easy. The Jets flat out couldn't cope with Colorado. Put themselves in situations where calls against could be made. A lack of fight, a lack of ability and a lack of instinct. Whether you're better than the opposition comes second to how much you're willing to die/live for it. The Avalanche look like they want it. The Jets don't. They aren't going out the way I would. That's what's gut wrenching.

I'll watch game 4. I'll support the team season after season. It isn't all about winning to me. I went the majority of my youth without an NHL club representing the city of Winnipeg. Nothing will make me forget the longing, I'll always be grateful to have a team back. Even though my time could be used for better things, I enjoy spending winter months watching the Winnipeg Jets. That won't change.

However, I can't shake the feeling there is something wrong with the organization as a whole. There seems to be a soft underbelly weakening it. I have not had faith in Mark Chipman as the man at the helm, for years now. I think more questions need to be asked regarding his ability to oversee a hockey club. A fish stinks from the head..

There's more I could say on that but I'll leave it for now.

I hope you all can find some relief from the frustration and enjoy the rest of your day. For me it'll be taking the pooch on a walk and doing a bit of tinkering. Chins up, ya'll.

See you for at least one more dance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad