GDT: Aves vs. Goldne Nights - Preseason Game 5... I think?

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
IMG_1708.gif

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
The Avs have to grind out wins defensively until they get Val, Lehky and Landy back. This game was a good example. They were really good defensively and that’s what they need to do to start the season

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Ritchie turned the puck over a lot. Was trying to feed MacK but they were low percentage passes. He really doesn’t look ready but he’ll probably start the year here.

Yeah I agree on all accounts. I personally thought Kovalenko complimented the top line much more. I think Ritchie was a bit nervous playing with the big dogs.

There is still so much junior in Cal’s game. Lack luster blow-bys, questionable passes through traffic when trying to setup the zone, drifting and lackadaisical defense and some hero-ball that he turns the puck over on consistently. Some of its effort related, some of its because he could get away with it in junior.

He makes some offensive reads and moves that clearly flash top 6 upside and as sad as it is, I think he has looked better than some of the other “prospects” that got sent down earlier. I just hope in junior they can push him to round out some of his effort and defensive issues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad