GDT: Avalanche vs Stars, Round 2, Game 6, 5/17/24 @8:00PM MNT: I don't wanna golf yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puck Luck 73

Dec 17, 2021
I think the Duchene GI call is fine, Duchene didn’t have his skates in the crease, but his body was in the crease area and made contact with Georgiev. Even with the Makar bump, Duchene was still slightly in the crease by his own volition before the bump.
Jesus. You are reaching. Makar was pushing him. Joke of a call

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Why is the goalie not responsible for their own stick? Everyone else is. If ANY other player on the ice put their stick in between a player's legs why they are facing the opposite direction, they would responsible for the result of that.

Not sure you made the point you think you made...
Because the goalie is not fair game...

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
I was hoping for a game 7 because I don‘t mind which team makes the finals.
But now I root for Stars although they have Suter…

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
100% right, it’s based on the ability to overturn the call. If the ref called Goal or didn’t make a call its a goal.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
I just kinda wanna know what you are supposed to do as forward when defensive guy pushes you towards his own goalie and you can not do anything to that.

This just ends abused as f if this is the way they will keep this ruling in all games.
Same thing happened in the Boston/Florida series Bennett push the defenseman into his goaltender and they counted the goal so it's no one knows what goaltender interference is now it's flipping a coin

Reactions: vildurson and dez

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
after Makar pushed him

Makar pushed Duchene further into the crease, but I think he was already in the crease before the push. He was only in the crease by a slight margi, but it was directly where Georgiev was playing at the front of the crease and a reasonable argument can be made being in the crease impeded Georgiev’s ability to move freely within his crease to defend the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad